Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-02-2007, 11:11 AM

Default RE: Hunting Question

DO US ALL A FAVOR AND FORGET YOU EVER VISITED THIS SITE.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Good response Paul.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think I've ever read a post saying killing is fun. I've never heard of a person going out hunting with the goal of hurting animals. A person who can shoot bullseyes on a paper target finds that making a perfect shot on a live animal is much more difficult. I do not think a good person like Betsy could possibly understand why that is because she has never experience buck fever.
Betsy, it's kind of like driving a car and having sex at the same time. You might be a great driver otherwise, but add the sex and the first time you may end up in the ditch and wreck your car. The next time you try, you know what could happen, so you park the car before you have sex. Buck fever is the orgasm of hunting. It's a rush and impossible to control. The rush can be triggered by just the snap of a twig, the sound of movement in the woods, even if it turns out to be just a squirrel. Your mind says it's a deer, your pulse goes way up, you start to breath heavily, your heart feels like it's pumping so hard that you swear it can be heard from a mile away. It's called buck fever and is why hunting, like sex is so addicting. It's why a hunter will stand in a tree stand in sub zero temperatures for hours at a time. You find youself as relaxed as a person can get enjoying all the beauty and wild life that mother nature provides and in an instant it can go from completely relaxed to an orgasm that you were not expecting. With all that exitement, bad shots happen just like car wrecks. Wounding an animal feels 100 times worse that wrecking your car so you do everything possible to avoid it. Most deer gun hunting is done with friends and relatives and we have a law that allows for party hunting. This means I can shoot and fill another hunters tag as long as that hunter is within voice range of me. If say my brother shoots a deer and makes a bad shot and I'm close by, I can finish the job with out waisting my tag. If I see a wounded deer and I'm not within earshot of who ever shot it, it's my moral duty as a hunter to finish the job anyways and tag the deer myself. There are very few deer that get wounded and left in the woods to suffer. Think about it, 70,000 hunters in Wisconsin and Wisconsin is only 1 of 50 states. On this website, we have hunters all around the world. Leaving a wounded animal in the woods is so rare and feels so bad that 'most" of the time it happens it ends up in the forums. So you may have read a few posts of bad hunts/hunters that actually represent less than 1% of all the hunters. We don't tend to right much about every day average hunting. If you are getting it done, you don't need to ask questions in hunting forums. Also keep in mind that many who post are children. You can take hunter safty classes at age 11 here, and hunt at age 12. Other states start out even younger. Those of us who are older, are here to help the young ones become responsible ethical hunters. Keep reading post and you'll see that peer pressure is applied to those yahoos who need to be put into place so they don't ruin hunting for our kids and grandkids.
I won't say wounded deer are never left in the woods, but when they are they do not go to waist. Either they recover quickly or the end up feeding many other animals that have to eat too like bears,wolves,coyote,fox,racoons,possum,lions,fisch ers,bobcats,hawks,eagles,vultures,owls and the list goes on and on. All animals that we as hunters enjoy watching while in the woods and none of which would be hear if we didn't do a good job of managing our wild life and land. Wouldn't it be cool if England had all these animals in your back
yards? They were all there at one time a long time ago.
If you think the way we kill animals is cruel, you should see how it's done in nature. I've seen coyote's eat a mature, healthy, in it's prime 10 point buck alive, they took 1 bite at a time chasing him nonstop for 3 days and nights until he couldn't run no more. The coyote pack work as a team, 3 or 4 chase until they're tired then 3 or 4 more take over while the others rest up for the next turn. Kind of like English fox hunting. There were over 15 coyote in this pack and all I had was a bow. I couldn't help him. If I or the other hunters who saw this take place could have, we would have ended it much faster for the buck. Only after comparing with the neighbors what and when we saw it, did we realize the buck lasted 3 days and nights.
My dear Betsy we are not that much different. We do hear what you are saying and we can see the goodness in your heart. No, people shouldn't go into the woods with a firearm they've never shot and try killing a deer or anything else with it. It happens, and we don't like it, one won't have many friends here if that were the case. More often than not, it's buck fever that causes missing or wounding an animal or just dumb luck like a twig, or unexpected movement of the target animal. We are not serial killers or in training for killing humans. Our counties are very different. Before you condem our way of life I would invite you over to see 1st hand just what hunting in this country is really all about, but you would have to leave your sterril safe environment behind and take a chance. You don't know what living is until you go one on one with nature. Be carefull though, because once you experiece it, you won't want to go back to England. This country was started with the idea of fixing everything that was wrong with England. Your country wants you to believe that we are a bunch of serial killers and savages and don't let you own firearms because they don't want you to be able to do what we did 231 years ago.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dang, ya'll run her off before everybody got a chance to playwith her. I wanted to ask her how they killed a free ranging cow.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: betsy_

I've ended up on this website by mistake, and I just couldn't stop reading and looking at everything up here, its horrible.

First of all, I'd like to say that I do eat meat, and fair enough for the ones here who are killing animals to eat; it's exactly the same as buying the meat from a shop.
THIS WAS ABOUT AS "ACCIDENTAL" AS PEARL HARBOR WAS ....

dd
Old 12-02-2007, 12:45 PM

I'm an ethical deer hunter.

Now, when it comes to hogs and coyotesit's about eradication, not hunting, but I don't think it makes me a bad person and sleep just fine at night.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

Betsy,
Don't you have a Pro-Abortion rally to go to rather than stir up a bunch of poor olegunslinging, 4 wheel driving, beer drinking rednecks like myself? You obviously have never spent any time in the woods doing any kind of outdoor activities. I am sorry thatthis is your impression of ushunters.Just out killing for fun, not eating the meat we harvest. I am off to the woods to harvest another tasty deer.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 PM

pretty sure she is gone and never coming back so I would let this one go!
Old 12-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If Betsy were to "Accidently" (and I use that word very loosely) go to the NWTF site and see how much Hunters do to save and enhance the wild Turkeys in North America she may change her attitude about Hunters or go to a Duck Hunting site to see how the Hunters there improve marsh lands or feeding area's to help with all the different species of ducks she may see how Hunters are helping all types of Wildlife across America!Deer Hunters grow food plots and improve their ground for better habitat for Deer,Quail,Turkeys and all types of Game and they donate any of their extra Venison to help feed the poor and needy!I am very proud to be a Hunter and I'm sure Betsy would really be shocked to know that some of us teach our Son's and Daughters about the Ethics of hunting and how to shoot a gun!

Severalpeople onhere say to just let it go and ignore someone that writes something bad about us Hunters,I say stand up forwhat you believe in and let people know you will continue to do what you believe in or they will win the argument and you will eventually loose your rights to Hunt!I commend several replies from fellow Hunters on here....you Guys and Gal's make me proud to be associated with you here at HuntingNet.com.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Back in the 1940s my dad took a little trip over to Europe...Got to tour England, France, Sicily, Italy, Germany and North Africa....He received the Purple Heart twice from that conflict...Many was the time when he took me hunting that he told me he was glad he had learned the hunting and shooting skills....Most of the guys that didn't, did not come back....Seems some Europeans have forgotten his services...

It is hard for people in other countries to understand our freedoms...My family owns 3 farms, over 850 acres....How many people in England own that much land??? Better yet, how many own the land and the guns and have the freedom to hunt them...

What this lady has done, is a favor to all of us....Read her post carefully....
Now you may be able to see what is so special about living in this country...
We need to appreciate the sacrafices given for us to have these freedoms...
So we don't have the same "opinion" as "Betsy"....She has no concept of what it is like to have the freedom to choose that we do....

Next year is election year....Choose your candidates carefully.....

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.