Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

three deer I have not pull the trigger

Old 11-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default three deer I have not pull the trigger

I have at a shot on three deer this year, one frontal a buck at 25 yds (wanted a broad side), and 2 broad sides both does one at 25 yrds (just hike 3 miles and was winded) the other 75 yrds (wanting for the other person who hunts that same area to shot). I have not pulled the trigger on any of them. last year, I fired 5 shots at three deer. missed all three. what has changed in me.

I still have not got my first deer.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: three deer I have not pull the trigger

you worried about shooting and missing again? maybe thats why you havent pulled the trigger this year on three chances.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i respect u not comfy with the shots and waited. I'm sure you'll eventually get the shot you want and shoot. It's not all about the kill it's about the experience. It will happen just have patience.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, your right on not comfy on the shots, the last one I was not as far as I want to be in that one spot I was in, by like 10 ft to the right I would have taken it, I am going back to all the spots I saw 2 out of the 3.

I am still wondering why to other guy did not that the shot on the last one, he has a stand that was right in front of where that one was. he has now passed on 4 himself, where 3 of us had held off on. he has passed on 3 does and 1 big old buck and he has been saying I was scaring off all the deer. lol
Old 11-29-2007, 12:13 AM

He's up there sleeping.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 AM

are you shooting free handed?if so buy a bypod that mounts to the bottem of your gun or some shooting sticks.hahaha i know what it is.you got buck fever.it's were you shake when you see deer.gotta watchbuck fever it will sneak up on ya lol.just before you shoot take a deep breath and let it out then rock that noggin. 8-)good luck buddy.............SB4
Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

I would definitely get some sticks or a rest of some sort. I am sure that you, but have you checked your gun to make sure that it is still sighted in?? It's probably just buck fever. Good luck to you!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

the most ethical shots are the ones we don't take. you missed last year and seem gunshy (literally) to miss again. you're always better passing a shot you're not comfortable with. practice as much as you can, try looking through your scope/sight at deer on tv and in pictures, even dry-firing (a bolt action rifle only, unless you have snap caps) at deer pictures and on tv until you feel you've lostas muchflinching or buck fever as possible. The absolute basis for hunting, is shooting. If you can't put a bullet or arrow where you want it to go, all the other stuff involved in hunting is absolutely pointless. Trust your gut, if you know you can make the shot, your finger will squeeze the trigger.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not related to the shooting issues, but, in your first post you say that you passed on a deer that was 75 yards away because you wanted your buddy to shoot it, and in the next post you say that the deer was right in front of your buddy's stand and you didn't know why he didn't shoot. That doesn't sound like a very safe arrangement.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

he passed up 4 deer in the last week, and I was standing right in line with him, about 25 yrds away,

I do have some homemade bambo shot stix, just not pulled them out in that last couple times I went out, going to take them out for the rest of the season.

Quick Reply: three deer I have not pull the trigger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.