Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

three deer I have not pull the trigger

Old 11-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: three deer I have not pull the trigger

I add to my hunting tactics every year, this year was full civ. camo. hunting in mil sup camo last year. so that is something to think about. also add a ml to give me more time and chances, funny thing everytime but one I was hunting with my ML.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

"The most ethical shots are the ones we don't take." What a great saying and oh so true.
I know guys who say you can't kill them if you don't shoot. Well those same guys think shooting a deer with a slug gun is the same as shooting at duck with birdshot. They are more than happy to take an azz shot @ 80 yards. Strange though, they never kill anything.
I admire a guy who passes shooting if there is no shot.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had like 10 or 11 deer butts flash at me this year. I have learned if you can't see you can't shot it.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Planter

"The most ethical shots are the ones we don't take." What a great saying and oh so true.
I know guys who say you can't kill them if you don't shoot. Well those same guys think shooting a deer with a slug gun is the same as shooting at duck with birdshot. They are more than happy to take an azz shot @ 80 yards. Strange though, they never kill anything.
I admire a guy who passes shooting if there is no shot.
It really depends how confident in yourself and equipment your are. Ethical shots are different to everyone, except for when there is no vitalsvisible at all as you said.In a stand.... a straight away or straight to, quarter to, quarter away, broadside shots are all ethical to me with a gun because Iam confidentI can send it through the vitals one way or another. I'll shoot through light brush, sure, as long as its not acouple hundred yards. Is shooting a deerover 300 yards with a gun or at 60 yards with a bow ethical, well to me yes because I knowI can make the shot. Will I shoot deer running, yeah becauseI know if its within easyrunning shootingdistance. Make a heador neck shot withan open sightshotgun at20 or less yards yeah I will......... Since I've only lost one deer which I've ever hit with a gun I can be confident in the shots I take and consider them to be ethical. So everyones idea of an ethical shot may be different andtheethical ratings of a shot can onlybe defined by the person that is hunting. WCL
Old 12-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: corey012778

I have had like 10 or 11 deer butts flash at me this year. I have learned if you can't see you can't shot it.
You should really try and get yourself a blind or a tree stand to help ya get out of the sight of those deer. You'll have less white and more shooting. WCL
Old 12-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok since this popped back up I guess I will update yall.

I pulled the trigger but missed.[:@]

story:

I was out on the friday, first watch 2 does run off the land I hunt on. I went to track them to see where they went. I was heading back to where I setting. SEVEN more does came running across, they turned and came across in front of me. they stopped just long enough for to get a shot. I picked out the largest one. MISSED BY TWO INCHES. I am still replaying it, remembering that they where starting to run right when I shot. It was a clean miss. only thing that helps me coupe with it, a week off then 3 weeks of late ML togo. sadly I have to miss the first day. going shopping with the wife.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like ya did everythign right just didn't work out with the deer moving at the wrong time. IT happens and usually the deer is wounded but lukcy in your case she wasn't. I've had that happen with the bow but I was lucky enough to catch the artery in hte hind end and shedidn't go far. Good luck. WCL
Old 12-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

corey..you gotta dropit on em...wait broke the wagon and a few hunters got hurt......MAN UP.....were here for you.. even if you miss...CONFIDENCE my friend
Old 12-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to hit the range, think every target is a deer
and work on my free hand, i am great at the range, do use shot sticks.

think i need add that this is second year that hunted with scopes. at 29 my eyes have gotten so I can't use open sights.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would just shoot the very next deer to come out of the woods. i wouldnt care.

Quick Reply: three deer I have not pull the trigger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.