Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

three deer I have not pull the trigger

Old 11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: three deer I have not pull the trigger

It's ok. No law that says you have to shoot at every deer you see.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

You think to much and sych yourself out. Let your shooting instinct take over and be confident. Don't think, as long as its safe, andjust shoot the deer. If you don't shoot you'll never kill that first deer and get that monkey off your back. I was the same way my first couple years bow hunting with bucks, does I was fine, I thought the shot choice needed to be perfect and everything had to be the way I felt comfortable with and it cost me some good chances at some nice bucks. I got confident and forgot about thinking and went out there ready to shoot and it happened before I knew it. The monkey was gone....25 yards head on? I know you havent killed a deer before but 25 yards, you need to not think and shoot,you could shoot that deer no problem even with an open sight shotgun. We use shotguns with bird barrels on our drives for point swing and shoot situations and we could knock down any deer at 50 yards. Shot deer runnin in the head/neck at 20 yards and not by accident.... Good luck and I hope you get that monkey off your back soon enough. WCL
Old 11-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

grrrr, what do you do if the deer wont give ya a shot and also if you wair glasses and they are fogged up and could not get them off to fix them on time to get a shot.[:@]

spotted 4 deer coming across some land I don't have permission to hunt on with clean shots all the was across. wait to see if the come across the fince. they did, first one I put the cross hairs it, frontal, I gave up a 25 yrd frontal a few weeks, moved to the next one, the shot I was wanting was blocked by brush (can't shot what you can't see, move to the next one an ass in the shot, so to the next one same damn thing. put the safety back on, waited for them to go to the next clearing, saw one, put it in my crosshairs on it, a damn small ass tree right in the shot.

waited a little longer, lost the first 4 deer, looked up, saw another one, my damn glasses fogged up, by the time I fixxed them, it was gone. put the safety back on.

oh well, got to a 2 week break coming, I will regroup myself and come out of the box fresh.

am I pushing myself to get a deer that I am thinking too much about the shot? tring to make my first deer a perfect shot?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those deer where dead, you just gotta stop them WHERE YOU WANT THEM TO STOP and you'll have that shot you want. Don't let the deer decide the shot, you decide it for them. Just grunt or bleat with your mouth when they hitthe opening you want and you have your shot. WCL
Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 PM

you dont have to blow a duck call or any thing just like /\ he said just get ready for the shot and the spot you wanthimand say baaaa and it will stop but sometimes not for long.booooom game over you smoked him hahaha yep you know why your glass's are foggin up on ya when you see deer.cause it's buck fever and your heart starts to pound harder and harder causeing you to breath harder.just take a quiet deep breath and let it out and rock his noggin.hope this helps.good luck
Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah I am just going to out enjoy the outdoors, and when I see a deer I think I am at the range and shoot the bull.

I am just pushing and thinking too much. that is going to stop. got a couple great days coming 45 - 50 degrees 5 maybe 10 MPH at most winds. take my short bambo sticks. eather a hunting or a video game mag. and just enjoy it.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:32 PM

are you in a stand,ground blind,or just siting on the ground?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:42 PM

i barely get buck fever but i was hunting last friday and it was about 28 degrees and i forgot my gloves.well my fingers were solid frozen and i was cold as hell.a buck come out to the right of me about 300 yards in the feild and i got out of my ground blind and looked at him through my scope.well i knew as i seen him he was a shooter.i couldn't get a shot from where i was standing.my hands were froze i was shakeing from buck fever and i knew it was going to be hard to get a good vital shot from 300 yards when i couldn't feel my hands.he started to run and i run to the left of me 10 feet and put my hand on the tree and rested my gun on my arm and aimed at theshoulders and let it rip.good placement and it started to do circles and run in the woods.it got dark so we come back the next mourning and fond him.boy was he gut shot and stiiinkin.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

just sitting on the ground, in a grove of white pines. I don't have a stand yet, going nation forest sat, may borrow my uncle's ground blind that day.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:52 PM

man i respect the ground blind more than any thing.i'v had nothing but good things to say bout the ground blind.i'v had deer walk 5 feet from it.i let my buddy use it muzzleloader and ended up with a doe standing 7 feet from it and shot it with a bow and didn't even have to aim just followed the arrow.bout 10 minutes later he shot another doe with the muzzleloader 25 yards.our bow season is in for a while so im gonna take my other two does with a bow.

Quick Reply: three deer I have not pull the trigger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.