Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Yes Its True!

Old 11-28-2007, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Yes Its True!

Yes its true, Wisconsin grows some of the biggest bucks in the country. 100% Wild and 100%Fair Chase. Take a look at what some Wisconsin hunters take each year!

http://www.weau.com/bragboard
Old 11-28-2007, 04:58 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Yes Its True!

I agree Tony but shhh we do not want the general public in on this
Old 11-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

lol. So how was your hunt ? Was wondering if you fell off the earth. Fill me in.

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

I agree Tony but shhh we do not want the general public in on this
Old 11-28-2007, 05:03 AM
Bartender

Have not seen a buck so far this gun season. Hunted the 9 day near Antigo and Hub City.
2 doe's and a nubber. Still have the CWD season until Dec 9th for gun so I still have high hopes.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2304243&mpage=5
Pics pal

Old 11-28-2007, 05:07 AM

i havnt seen a single ANYTHING UP IN NY
Old 11-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey alright congrats Tony. We did ok I guess, well better than last year, Atleast we took a couple bucks this year. No pics though since I kept forgetting to grab my cam. But anyway, I took a small non typical 8 point, and a doe, and made some pretty bad shots at others. hit one 7 point in the leg, damned does wouldnt stop running away from the bucks. My cousin mike took a small 8 and my brother took a big doe. My father in law tagged the 8 pointerI shot on my way in to my stand on Sunday and I used my extra tag from bow season on my doe. I still have two tags left hopefully fill one or both muzzle loading this week.Compared to last season when we took 3 small does and nobucks I think we did damned good this year. Nothing like in the past though when it was nothing for us to take 8-10 deer opening weekend.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Bartender

Congrats.
My bow hunting spot might be done because 15 guys drove it last Friday while I was out of town.
Farmer had no clue and his son's friend was part of the drive. Also the private land to the south threw up some no hunting signs on both sides of the creek and 1 is on our side. I have a feeling these guys drove his also so I am going to talk to him. We dont usually hunt that part and leave it as a sanctuary.
The other private I had the owner let some on and Ive been told 3 bucks killed there. 76 acres next to it isup for sale so they may have been on that also.[:@] But I will keep at it. Keep me posted bud.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow that really sucks. Hope everything turns out for the better for you. I will keep you updated on my muzzle loader hunt.
ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Congrats.
My bow hunting spot might be done because 15 guys drove it last Friday while I was out of town.
Farmer had no clue and his son's friend was part of the drive. Also the private land to the south threw up some no hunting signs on both sides of the creek and 1 is on our side. I have a feeling these guys drove his also so I am going to talk to him. We dont usually hunt that part and leave it as a sanctuary.
The other private I had the owner let some on and Ive been told 3 bucks killed there. 76 acres next to it isup for sale so they may have been on that also.[:@] But I will keep at it. Keep me posted bud.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pictures, but where are the big ones? Just kidding. There are some fine buck there.