Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is wrong with people?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What is wrong with people?

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

This aint Disney World folks, and when you try to kow tow to the people who want to act like it is Disney World then you are digging your own grave[:@]
Still missing the point! It's not thatwe should"kow tow" to the people who want to act like it is Disney World.These people are probably against hunting anyway.It's trying to keep the people whoare not hunters from becoming Anti-hunters! It's beenproven insurveys that there is apopulation of non-hunters out there that don'tnecessarily see hunting as a bad thingbut for whatever reason don't want to be subjected to it. If they are subjected to it in a negative way, whether it be from inconsiderately displaying kills, or tresspassing on private property, or poaching, etc.then we could one-by-one push them to the anti-side! We all need to thinkabout the consequences of ouractions, or we will definately be "digging our own graves"!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

gundeck...he might just be a redneck!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:55 PM

only an idiot would strap a skinless deer to the roof of a car....EOM
Old 11-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree that strapping a carcass to a car is not a real bright thing to do, IF there are other options. But even more disturbing to me is the mentality that one can drive past miles of road kill, let their kids watch violent movies, and push their shopping cart past piles of raw meat on display at the store, but then call foul because Bubba has a deer strapped onto his Monte Carlo. I don't necessarily know that there is a mob of people who are undecided about hunting who are the ones getting turned off by this.
In fact, there are lots of people in the country that are undecided about hunting, but have no problem with seeing dead animals because they grew up on farms and small towns and know where meat comes from and they dont have a problem with it. If you have new people coming into an area like that, the burden is on them to change their way of thinking, not the thousands of hunters living in that area. As far as I know, it is the hardcore anti-hunters that are the ones that really want to raise a stink about it. And if you want to bow to them go for it. What's next, immediately wrapping your kill in a tarp and smuggling it out of the woods after dark because somebody driving by might catch a glimpse of your dead deer. How about building a 10 foot tall privacy fence around your backyard, so that the undecideds living next door won't see you slapping a bunch of bloody deer steaks on the grill? You'll never see me hauling a deer like that, but then again, I'll be the first one to point out the hypocracy underlying much of the criticism of that practice.[:@]

I yield the soapbox....
Old 11-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

How about building a 10 foot tall privacy fence around your backyard, so that the undecideds living next door won't see you slapping a bunch of bloody deer steaks on the grill?
What an unethical way to grill. I wouldnt call that BBQing at all.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, you may have to get used to a growing trend of HFG (high fence grilling) so as not to offend the sensibilities of someone somewhere[&o]