Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

getting disappointed about my season

Old 11-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: getting disappointed about my season

I don't have a problem seeing deer, I jumped 2 today. problem is missing (last year) and not taking shots because of some reason or nother (good ones)
Old 11-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

If your friend is 'blaming' you for not seeing any deer, then I would personally say it's time to re-evaluate that friendship. There aren't any guarantees in hunting and the ONLY WAY to help insure that you increase your odds of seeing deer is to read, study, scout, read, study, scout, scout and scout some more. Then you have to learn how to maintain scent control, slowness of movement, practice your shooting, place your stands in the right spots and even then HOPE you've cut the odds in your favor...........good luck.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:38 PM

Never Give Up! Although today was the first time I ever got discouraged hunting. I started about 2 years ago and I have shot nothing but paper.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont worry about it man, it took me 11 years to get my first mature buck, and when it finally happened, it was one of the best days of my life. when you finally come through i am sure you'll feel the same way!
Old 11-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont quit it will happen for you,be positive it will happen!
Old 11-24-2007, 09:26 PM

dont give up,hang in there.maybe you could be doing somethings wrong.talk to some other hunters in your area to get some advice.it take alot of experience to be successful.3 years of hunting is all u got under your belt.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still find it funny, I have seen 15 deer in 2 going on 3 weeks of the season, only had 2 I could shot, gave up both, I am not looking for frontals right now and jumping 2 just after hiking 2 miles and climing 45 degree ridge and being so tired that I could not even hold the gun up. (if I just went up 5 feet to left)
Old 11-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't give up! It took me 5 or 6 years to get my first deer. After I got my first one, I've got at least one each year! As for missing and "buck fever", it happens to everyone. If you ever get completly over "the fever" then it would probably be time to quit! I still have to fight it when I know that I am about to pull the trigger, even if its just a doe. Sometimes I have to force myself to calm down, aim for a spot and squeeze off the shot, just like target practice! Good luck, and hang in there!
Old 11-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I will give if up of a 9 month (start again in oct.) after jan 5 (last day of the season). I am the only one in the any of my hunting parties that has came close this year. I just need to pull the trigger most of the time it seems like this year. And for the guy that I shaire land with, he has past up atleast 3 deer this season. where anyone that seen them has given up the same ones because of him. I am not going to next time I hunt out there. calm myself and PULL THE DAMN TRIGGER.