Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another Treestand theft !!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:55 PM

Default RE: Another Treestand theft !!

Some people are just trash. My dad had a four-wheeler stolen out of the back of his truck by a sherriff in another county on Christmas Eve a few years ago. Had not burned a tank in it and when we got it back two months laterit had been painted with spray paint and wouldnt run.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Passafist

If you find or catch them, prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.
Prosecute!!! I would rather take Hanks advise, Spit some beach nut in their eyes and shoot them with my old 45.

Not to put down the police, but I my parents hadsomeone forge a check in the criminalsown name anda friend of mine had items stolen and the police actually recovered the items, but in both cases the police said it was not worth prosecuting and would not do it. That makes me madder than all when it seems it would be a simple case.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 11-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

I would have but I am not sure of who was dinig this. I have a good idea but i feel if i cnofronted him he would just deny it without any proof.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check people that know where your stuff is in the woods, whether it be "friends" or neighbors kids who drive their 4 wheelers through the woods.. If this happened close to home you can just about guarantee it is someone local who knows their way around the woods where it happened.. Keep an eye out and when you find the culprit make sure you wear your steel toes..
Old 11-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

pretty gay man. i wouldnt blame myself cause in this part of Va noone one do nothin like that. just how it is here. sorry man...

what part of Va do you hunt? just asking

Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

PEOPLE these days god i think i would set another up in the same spot and lay out a couple hundred yards away and wait till you see them taking it and then BOOM!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:03 PM

I've always wanted a nice summit but to afraid to lose it. I hunt from a $45 wal-mart special. It weighs a ton, ain't that comfortable, but if a low lifethief lugs that heavy sob to a pawn shopI know hes only gettin about $10. I dispise thieves...
Old 11-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

that stinks i hate that stuff when it happens it gets you so mad . probably someone close by
Old 11-20-2007, 04:59 PM

Sorry man. My friend has had a few treestand stolen, one just this weekend. The only thing I can say if you haven't already tried this, try butting a chain around your treestand or maybe a one of those bike locks. Also try putting your initials on the bottom of the treestand. Carv them in with a key or something. I say this because one time a friend of mine put his intials on his treestand and he had it stolen from him on state land and when he went back he saw that it had been stolen. So he was walking around looking for a place to sit and saw a treestand that looked like his so he climbed up it and looked on the bottom and sure enough there was his initials.