Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poachers........GRRRRRRRR

Old 10-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poachers........GRRRRRRRR

I've got a lot more things to do than make a call to the authorities about gunshots elsewhere during a time of the year when other types of gun hunters have the legal right to be out and about too. I think that the guy you called probably cut you some slack with his response. Mine would have been a lot more blunt. Think it thru

You got that right!! I can't believe how some people think that the whole world should stop when they are out trying to hunt. If this guy isn't a novice at hunting he should know that gunfire is a common sound around this time of year, if not ALL times of the year in rural areas.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: eelriver

I checked the zero on my slug gun on Tuesday. No poaching involved. You can't say for sure any harm was being done.
I wasn't implying that anyone I've heard shooting recently was poaching, only that I didn't know for sure. However, when I hear the same slug gun go off 5-6 times in rapid succession I'm fairly certain that they aren't target practicing, but who knows?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

bow season opens after squirrel season but squirrel season is still going on and not long after squirrel season is over muzzeloader season comes along soooo it probly was somebody shootin squirrels with a shotgun
Old 10-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hell, where i'm from, even if you hear a gunshot in the middle of the night, it would just mean that my cousin down the road or one of the neighbors in the next section over is doing some nightime shooting under their pole lights, or the mennonite kids down the road are out coonhunting. Squirrel hunting is less common than it was in the past, but one can still pretty much expect to hear gunshots at dawn from August 1 thru November.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I first moved to MD I made the assumption that the sound of gunfire before squirrel season meant poaching. I never lived where anyone hunted doves until I moved here. Mid September I was bowhunting and started hearing shotguns going off. I left my hunt and went to investigate. I felt pretty silly when I saw what was going on. Just goes to show what can happen when you make an assumption.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

some of these life members are sooooo annoying with their smart remarks for everything they have a remark for. and a few fork horns too lol
Old 10-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bristowboy_20

some of these life members are sooooo annoying with their smart remarks for everything they have a remark for. and a few fork horns too lol
Got any pictures to prove it?

[:-][:-][:-]