Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If we met in the woods today, let me explain…

Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: If we met in the woods today, let me explain…

Yeah, can't take this stuff too seriously. But then again it was a confrontational scenario that led to several hunters getting wacked out by that Montagnard with an assault rifle a year or two ago.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

And a bunch got shot in wisconsin a few years back! 7-8 guys got killed over an argument! Dont point guns at people unless you are in the process of shooting them.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

That was the incident I referred to. Being polite around armed folks in tense situations is never a bad idea.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: oldgoat09

Vulture6

Where on NOVA did this occur? I have land in North Stafford and I would like to know if this critter is in my neighborhood. My Ruger .45 is gettin kinda dusty!!
He'd have to cross the river to get to you - my land is near Fredericksburg.

Generally, I try to keep it low key when I deal with trespassers -- never certain who your are dealing with, and a fire can do a lot of damage to a forest. Plus, this guy was just a kid -- 18 or 19 years old.

For those of you who would seriously consider pointing a gun at someone over trespassing - it ain't worth it. I carry a side arm, but wouldn't dream of escalating over something as minor as trespassing -- kicking his ass, yes, pulling a gun / shooting someone... cause if you pull it, you have to be willing to use it.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:56 PM

if someone is tresspassing.. YOU MAY POINT YOUR GUN !!!
you do NOT need ANY CONCEALED PERMIT to CARRY THE GUN ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY .. OR... TO POINT IT AT SOMEONE TO MAKE THEM LEAVE>

Old 10-26-2007, 08:57 PM

AT LEAST NOT HERE IN TEXAS...
I DONT KNOW HOW THE CLINTONS AND KENNEDYS AND OBAMAS AND ALL THOSE OTHER JOKES RUN THERE STATES !!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:00 PM

people say.. "dont pull a gun unless you plan to use it"

my opinion: SHOOTING is Not the ONLY "use" for a gun.
Just Pulling a Gun (if you must) and Not having to pull the trigger.. to prevent any further damage to anything or anyone.. i belive this is a GOOD USE FOR A GUN.
After you pull it.. its there Choice to either leave w/ no further trouble.. or TEST YOU to see if your ready to shoot.
most of the time, the Gun serves a good purpose without even pulling the trigger.
as long as you ARE WILLING to Shoot, if they test you !!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

I hate poaching, I say get a rope!!
Old 10-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Spike

I wish they would jack up the price for a tresspassing citation. If you think about it, many of these idiots can sneak in and hunt on prime property with the only risk being getting caught and having to pay a $250.00 - $1000.00 fine. sounds expensive...until you think about what it costs to go on a guided hunt or to lease "average" hunting land. I wish mylease only cost me a grand. lad
Old 10-27-2007, 08:23 PM

YOUR TO NICE I would have called him in right there.

Quick Reply: If we met in the woods today, let me explain…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.