Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

CHECK OUT THESE BUCKS... This is MANAGMENT !!

Old 10-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CHECK OUT THESE BUCKS... This is MANAGMENT !!

South Texas is known for it deer and a lot of people go down into south Texas to hunt them. There are a LOT of game ranches with and without high fences. I wish those type of deer would make their way up to the part of Texas I live in! Those are some very nice lookin bucks!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 PM

Nice bucks!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Banned

take an animal, any animal, protect it, feed it high protein foods,supplemental foods etcand it will grow bigger than it would under "normal" wildlife conditions

they grew some really big deer there for sure, I wonder if a rattle of the feed bucket woulnd't bring them in ?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: JIMRABY

Jkelly... the Poteet buck above is on a small pc of property North Of Poteet.
Between Poteet and Loop 1604.
I might have to take this guy this year, biggest buck ive seen on that place.
I killed 3 bucks on the place last year....
older 10 Point... and decent 8 point (should have let live, appeared older and biggerin the sunlight)
and also a 4 point, with curled down points.
i think this year i will not kill any bucks there, unless its Possible the 1 above.. or Bigger.
He's a nice buck, might be nicer next year but if your place is anything like where I hunt in Poteet he won't make it to next year, nice looking "chocolate" horns. The place I hunt down there is just West of Poteet, about 10 minutes away, it is mostly pasture and strawberries but there are some woods along the pasture where there are a few deer living. Maybe I will get lucky down there this year
Old 10-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Big Duane

take an animal, any animal, protect it, feed it high protein foods,supplemental foods etcand it will grow bigger than it would under "normal" wildlife conditions

they grew some really big deer there for sure, I wonder if a rattle of the feed bucket woulnd't bring them in ?

Put down the bottle of Hatorade
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 PM

BIG DUANCE.....

No Feed Bucket calling them here !!
its Several Thousand Acres .. Low Fence..
HEAVILY HUNTED during deer season.
80% of Deer killed are for Managment. (Does and Cull Bucks)
so these big old bucks are no stranger to Gun Shots and watcing there friends and "Wives" HIT THE GROUND !!
i havent been out there in a while, but they try to kill 20 - 30 Does and Cull Bucks each year... before hunters qualify to trophy hunt... they must kill a doe and Cull first. I think this year there going to try to kill as many does as possible.

and your Right... Take any animal, protect it and feed it protein and it will grow Larger than it NORMALLY Would.
but it MANY Areas... the "normal bucks" are TINY LITTLE BASKET RACKS..
due to No , or Bad Managment and No Quality Genetics.

in MANY Cases... even a Fawn, brought up in a Safe Pen.. and Fed Protein... would be Lucky to EVER Score 120 B/C even at 6 yrs old.
there is lots of areas where 1 would be LUCKY to ever even SEE a 120 Class buck.

Look at my 1st picture... those YOUNG bucks with little racks..
Some Places where the Mature Bucks look like That !!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:51 PM

im going out there the 2nd weekend of November.
But to Qualify for a Trophy buck.. i must kill a doe and a Cull buck 1st.
(some of the CULL Bucks are MONSTERS... some are 6 and 7 pointers with racks like the Bucks above)
after i qualify, i can shoot a Trophy. 12 point Minimum.
which means we WATCH alot of HUGE 10 POINTERS.. like the ones in the pictures.
But, towards the end of December, they open it to 8 pointers for a couple weeks.
which is great.... on any given MORNING or EVENING... we could see 5 or 6 BIG 8's to choose.
the reason its not open to 8 pointers all year, is because EVERYONE would Kill a TROPHY BUCK the 1st and 2nd weekends.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned

JIMRABY c'mon now man, I aint a rookie at deer managements. I bet on that several thousand acres you don't have but maybe 2-3 "trophy" bucks taken off of it every year, plus a handful of "culls" am I right ? I bet your feed bill totals in the thousands of dollars, not to mention the other costs of food plots, supplemental feeding, feeders, deer cams etc.

Is this a group or wealthy just having fun or are ya'll selling the bucks as hunts ?

Hate it ? No, its notcanned hunt, there is no hate there, just observing how good farming skills can result in larger than normal deer. Its not a secret you know .........
Old 10-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ts Several Thousand Acres .. Low Fence..
So please tell us how this differs to a high fence? Can the deer leave the property? If they CAN'T it's then no different to a high fence and if they CAN why would you have any fence at all???
Old 10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

My eyes could be playing tricks on me, but there seems to be a feeder calling them in that last picture. And no hating on this part, because I don't care if i ever shoot anything with antlers. But, i've got family that have hunted such managed operations in Texas and I know the routine.

Quick Reply: CHECK OUT THESE BUCKS... This is MANAGMENT !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.