Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Has your Rut begun?

Old 10-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Has your Rut begun?

I was out all weekend and would say the rut has not started here in NW Missouri. Doe's were still in packs and zero bucks were trailing. November 2nd through 9th though should be good.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

SE Michigan (Howell Area) the rut is just getting going, notice one buck (fork horn) in my backyard trailing a doe....
Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

I think ours just kicked off. I was seeing deer every day until 3 days ago and they aren't hitting the same feeding areas. Something disrupted them. It sure wasn't me shooting arrows at them.
Aftr further review...

It wasn't the rut starting that messed up the deer, it was hogs. Still no rubs or scrapes.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:22 PM

it is pre-rut
Old 10-29-2007, 02:27 PM

They were chase'n does pretty good this weekend in SE Oklahoma.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:38 PM

Yes... I had a beautiful 8 point walk through my neck of the woods while hunting last weekend. Wouldn't stop and only got broadside for about 3 seconds, so it was nowhere near a good shot. He trotted and made a u-turn and went back out the way he came. His nose was to the ground the whole time, he caught the scent of that doe.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:42 PM

Louisiana: First signs of real rubbing activity on large trees but still traveling in Bachelor Groups.
No activity here yet.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:41 PM

Not in full yet, but pre-rut has definatley started. been seein lots of scrape lines startin up and quite a few rubs. Also watched a nice 8 pointer and a little 6 pointer fightin Thursday the 25th with three does out in the field which i thought was a little strange for it bein so early and all.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Not yet! But close!
Frank,
As you know, we just had the youth weekend hunt here in SE Texas. A guy I hunt withseven year old sonkilled a very nice 10 point with a swollen neck, scared up ears, and half of one of his brow tines broke off Saturday morning at about 7:30 a.m. Our land is between Kountze, and Sour Lake. I couldn't believe my eyes.

YesterdayI checked out the place I will be in my climber, and I have two scrapes with tine marks in the dirt, and twigs broken off the licking branch over them. This coming Saturday I will be 25 feet up a tree with two decoys,(buck and doe)estrous scent, and buck tarsal gland doing some calling. I haven't seen it this good for openingday in a long time. The weather has been beautiful. Most years on opening day I am looking to fill a doe tag for meat, but this year I am really excited because I believe they are already in full gear.

C. Davis
Old 10-30-2007, 07:34 AM

SW Michigan:

Still pre-rut, saw spike and an 8 point traveling togeather!

Quick Reply: Has your Rut begun?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.