Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tips

Old 10-17-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Tips

I have a simple question? If I will be using a 30-30 this weakend becuase it is opening season where is the best place to shoot the deer at? I have heard that if it it side ways shoot were the shoulder is to try to hit heart directly. If looking wouldnt u try the same thing by shooting it in the same area. But if it is walking away where should you shoot.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tips

The heart and lungs are your best shots! If its walking away from youdepending on the angle aim behind the shoulder. Someone on here as a diagram they had displayed a few weeks ago. Hopefully they will see this post and show you that picture! You better figure this out before you go out hunting this weekend!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tips

If it was walkin away i wouldn't shoot it. Simply grunt or bleat at it and it at least turn enough to give you a decetn qaurtering away shot. Just remember with a 30-30 you dont quite have the distance. It was designed to be more of a brush gun. I dont know what your max distance is but i wouldn't push much over 100-150 yards.
If he his standing broadside put it right begind his shoulder bladewhere it meets about 6 inches from the belly.