Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Real Deer Hunting??????

Old 09-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Real Deer Hunting??????

Man! Id go hunting drops for 30.00 an ounce. Arround here they buy racks for 7-8 dollars per pound.
ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Marko B

If there weren't people out there shooting 3 year olds a lot more people would have those 160's to shoot...

That's just the reality of the matter...

The larger the rack the more money in my pocket! I grind all racks into powder and get $30-$40 an once...................So yes, I'm looking for a Bigggggg One!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Man! Id go hunting drops for 30.00 an ounce. Arround here they buy racks for 7-8 dollars per pound.

If there weren't people out there shooting 3 year olds a lot more people would have those 160's to shoot...

The larger the rack the more money in my pocket! I grind all racks into powder and get $30-$40 an once...................So yes, I'm looking for a Bigggggg One!

Furgitter, you have no clue why Deer Antler Powder brings$30-$40 an ounce!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:12 PM

I am not stuck on the big buck ego driven phenomenon that everyone seems to get tied up to. I very rarely pass up any buck.
MEAT in the freezer works for me.
Yes I would be happy to get a big 130+ buck but am not out looking and waiting for that lucky moment to come. If it does great if not every deer I shoot is special
Old 09-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

In lots of the situations they have no choice. If they take a deer off camera or a deer that is not 5 1/2+ then the trip goes from free (or really discounted ) to full price, and in some circumstances with a penalty. Often I pass on young bucks. I did take one last year that was only 3 1/2 but he was the exception and not the rule. I normally try for 4 1/2 or older.

-john
Old 09-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I've never netted profit a single dollar from deer hunting.

Thanks for the attack though.

Thanks for the attack![8D]
Old 09-27-2007, 12:19 PM

I love being in the woods, grew up in them. But I'm still very selective on the bucks I harvest. Thats only due to the areas I have been able to hunt. Oklahoma and Ohio, there is no reason to shoot a small buck. Shoot a doe for meat.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:19 PM

I love being in the woods, grew up in them. But I'm still very selective on the bucks I harvest. Thats only due to the areas I have been able to hunt. Oklahoma and Ohio, there is no reason to shoot a small buck. Shoot a doe for meat.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Im not in deer hunting for money or ego, so i don't have 2b persnickerty. Sure, i would like to have a hawg 180 pt lope by my stand as much as anyone, but the adrenilin rush on drawing my bow is what gets me in the tree anyway, not a deers possible score!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:28 PM

I get that same rush just having them walk under me regardless of size. I don't need to draw to get that rush, I also feel good about letting immature bucks walk. More of a I could have had you feeling. Archery season is so long there is no need to get antsy and draw on the first set of bones you see. Let em grow. Shoot a doe for the dinner table.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:34 PM

I've never netted profit a single dollar from deer hunting.

Thanks for the attack though.

Thanks for the attack![8D]
That wasn't an attack.

Thatis just a fact.

I could care less what you kill, I hunt nowhere near you.

Quick Reply: Real Deer Hunting??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.