Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Baiting/Training Deer.. Ahhhh!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Baiting/Training Deer.. Ahhhh!

I find if I put out Corn once the Turkeys find it Deer don't stand a chance.

Truth the guy that owned my place before I bought it.Would burn it every year so there was no cover,put out Corn,he would shoot Deer all Winter.Thing about it the Guy next to me had all kinds of Deer too because of this.

Well I quit feeding them durring Season and quit burnning the cover.Now because he is not seeing any Deer he is saying I'm killing them all,but my Game Cams will prove different.

big rockpile
Old 09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Spike

The first time my grandpa ever took me hunting we just drove out to some land his friend owned parked the truck and started walking inwards... no feeder or nothing. Just me and him a buck call, rifle and bi-pod, which by the way to answer your question I prefer to hunt on the ground. It is a lot funner just to go explore the wilderness and actual go find that elk/whitail or whatever then sitting in a tree with a feeder 70 yards out. I look foward to actually getting back out there this season. That was the last time I was out hunting which was about 9 years ago since he is the only hunter in my family and lives so far away. Now that I am older I will start the journey again as a begginer but still not use a FEEDER!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Using a shortcut while hunting is sort of like being pregnant, either she is or she ain't and everybody uses some sort of shortcut to increase their chances of killing a deer. Using feeders, scents, rifles, scopes, bows, stands, drives, fences, plots, dogs, licks, etc can all be considered as a non-ethicalshortcutif you aren't a hypocrite. If it is legal, and you don't have a personal problem with it, then go ahead and hunt and enjoy hunting, but don't tell somebody else they are doing it wrong.