Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I think if its legal then its ok with me
46.67%
I think that its unethical and takes the sport out of it
42.67%
I have no opinion one way or another.
10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Dog Hunting ...agree or disagree and why?

Old 09-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dog Hunting ...agree or disagree and why?

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

btw....I didn't answer the poll, guess I need to see..."It's fine by me, if legal as long as you have 2,000 continuous acres and keep their dogs within that area"....In fact, I'd like to see a $50.00 bounty on deer dogs caught on your property....I bet those good old boys would think twice then....
NC sounds to me like you might should go have a talk with those" good ole boy's" and tell them just like you just told us ....and see if they "think twice" .... I would be curious to know .....most of the good ole boy's I know dont take long to decide when your fooling with their women, trucks, Harleys, or hunting dogs ..as a matter of fact most dont take long enough to think twice ...they just react ...but I bet YOU could talk some since into them!!

dd
Old 09-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO!!! nchawkeye, I just thought DD was stirring the pot. I completely agree with your post, but it would probably be a good idea to put on your flame retardent suit.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sad thing is...I have...I know these guys, went to HS with them...My dad was a Deere dealer, played football with them...Won the State back in '71
(13-0) team....Problem is, I moved away, had a career with Deere for 13 years, own my own business now 4 hours away, so now, I'm an outsider....
They know when I'm there and when I'm not...Frankly they are taking advantage of me and I know it....Oh yea...the Sheriff....He's a dog hunter too....Guess there are good and bad things about growing up in such a rural area....

We both know that some guys go crazy over killing a deer....All these guys have in their life is deer hunting....These are the guys that work at the saw mill, feed store, drive to the shipyard in Norfolk and weld all day....Honestly dogging deer is their life, they went so far as to hunt behind my brother's house a few years back when his 14 year old son was going through chemo treatment for cancer, and brother was in the hospital in Norfolk with him for the weekend, sleeping on a cot in his boy's room...That's how low they can go......

You will never know how bad I want to go out and get a semi auto and mow the dogs down the next time they come running through our fields with a pack behind them....I've just always tried to do what is the right thing in my life...
Old 09-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heck....I though I was doing pretty good to be as civil as I am....

Why isn't DD selling Harley's, he needs to be working!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Heck....I though I was doing pretty good to be as civil as I am....

Why isn't DD selling Harley's, he needs to be working!!!!
LOL NC ..I AM at work ....

dd

Old 09-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Time to get home...get something cold......

Old 09-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

As long as it is legal and you have enough land leased or written permission to hunt I have no problem with it. Heck, I've killed a pile of deer while dog/deer hunting. What's the difference in using a dog hunting deer and using bird dogs, squirrel dogs, coon dogs, bear dogs, mountain lion dogs,etc while hunting? Black and Tans use to be one of my favorite breeds of dogs. Loss of large tracts of land was the end of dog hunting for us.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:33 PM

Wow, this really blows my mind on how people think of this subject, but anyways heres my take... For me its a simple answer, its just wrong hunting with dogs, first of all hunting is a sport but when your having somone or something take the sport out of it I don't believe its wright... But thats just me
Old 09-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

My sentiments run along the lines of nchawkeye's. My problem expands to the fact that I live on a one lane dirt road with three foot ditches on each side. Try enjoying any weekend time with 10-15 pickups flying up and down the road constantly at 40-50-60 mph in a 15mph zone.

I have a new one for them this year though. One of them actually works for the county police here and it's hard to get them to slow down because they think he can "take care of any problems." Only thing he can't take care of isthe Highway Patrol. They don'tcare who he is, they only care about doing their job. They now have permission to sit hidden on my property. "60 ina 15? I don't care what you're doing, that'll be 4 points and $400." Gotta love the SCHP.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

i've done it, and i also hunt rabbits in front of hounds, a lot of folks think it is like setting the woods on fire and every deer in the county will jump and run, well it just ain't so, deer get acclimated to the sites sounds and activity in the woods, doors shutting, tailgates dropping, they learn very quickly, like i mentioned i have done it, but i prefer to be in a stand with little to no pressure and bow in hand, and seeing nature at its best, but it is also amazing to see what deer can pull on a hound..makes those prized hounds look a little stupid

i don't wan't to mess anybody elses huning up, but it really wouldn't bother me if i never ran hounds on deer again, plus its been 15 years since i have[&:], but i sure don't want to tell anybody else how to hunt, what if they outlawed compound bows or tree-stands[:-]

Quick Reply: Dog Hunting ...agree or disagree and why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.