Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Has any body ever killed 2 deer at one time?

Old 01-17-2002, 03:13 PM

Default RE: Has any body ever killed 2 deer at one time?

I am glad to see atleast a few people agree with me. I was really surprised when I opened this thread too, to see people bragging and not talking about the risks of taking a shot where you can do this. Even if it was legal in Arizona to tag more then one deer, I would not even consider a shot like this.
Old 01-17-2002, 03:54 PM

I understand the ethics, but here in iowa, while shotgun hunting, you can shoot more than one as long as someone has an open tag..and I did, and the deer were out in an open section, so if it would have been wounded, it would have been easy to watch die..i would rather not do it myself, but it just happend..
Old 01-17-2002, 05:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-17-2002, 05:31 PM

Two with one shot does happen by accident. Hunting in Va. hill country I was stalking a buck. He had laid down around a bend in a gulley when I came around the bend, made some noise and startled him. I was ten feet away when he bolted up hill leaving me shaken trying to figure out what just happened. Then he surprised me by turning around at the top of the hill and headed back down right at me. At about fifteen feet I fired one round of 12ga. OO. The buck went head over heels and so did a big doe. While this is going on two or three more deer ran past me. As I turned to check both the shot deer, dogs came over the top of the hill but didn't start barking until they were past me and after the running deer. And it just happened that my 'buddy', the county Game Warden drove up as I was putting the doe in the truck. He laughed his bu** off as he wrote me a citation for "doe out of season". Of course the prosecuting attorney and judge and everybody in the county had a hay day with this deal. The big joke for a long time was, "Gonna teach two-fer-one in your next Hunter Education class?"
Old 01-17-2002, 08:48 PM

i shot 2 eight pointers one morning in oct, 99. with my bow that were 5 minutes apart. i have them both on the wall right here above my desk. i shot a 8 pointer and a doe one evening with my bow in nov,01 45 minutes apart.

Edited by - beretta390 on 01/17/2002 21:55:20

Edited by - beretta390 on 01/17/2002 21:57:14
Old 01-17-2002, 10:46 PM

I used to hunt in Alabama. I heard that their law changed and you can now take 2 per day for the whole season, gun and bow, 109 days---218 per year LEGALLY?!?!
Old 01-18-2002, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I read this entire thread and have not seen one person who said they TRIED to kill two deer with one shot, not did I see any one promoting it.

azhunter, johnny, and frank, almost every one of the people who said they had no idea the second deer was in the line of fire. When I read you alls comments I went back and reread the whole thread and did not see one post saying that anyone was trying to kill 2 with 1 shot. I agree that you should not try this and I like you all would not shoot a deer if another one was in the direct line of fire. I guess what I am saying here is you need to read these post more carefully before passing judgement.

The Tazman
Old 01-18-2002, 09:40 AM

I had a hard time reading this thread and seeing the amount of hunters who had no problem with someone doing this and many of them adnitting to breaking the law. Many hunters who have spent any time in the woods have had the chance to do this. A good ethical hunter doesnt take the shot. If you are in the woods and you dont know that there are two deer standing there instead of one. I sure hope you arent hunting anywhere near me.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>azhunter, johnny, and frank, almost every one of the people who said they had no idea the second deer was in the line of fire.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

That's exactly it Taz. I consider myself and educated hunter and I am always sure of my target and what is behind it. I have not harvested a deer in the past 2 seasons now (my choice). I almost pulled the trigger the year before last on a big buck but daylight was almost gone and their were other deer around him. Alot of people don't give a crap about thier being another deer behind the one they are fixing to pull the trigger on. Alot of people say they did not know that their was another deer behind the one they originally pulled the trigger on. My question simply is, how in the heck did you not see it? I have hunted all kinds of terrain here in Texas and I have never gotten close at accidentally shooting 2 deer in one shot. Here is Duke 13's post:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> I saw a video on Georgia Outdoors TV show a couple years ago where a woman killed two does with one ARROW! The one actually dropped on the spot and the other ran about 50 yards up the hill and went down. A guy in my club killed 2 does last year on our lease with one rifle shot. He didn't know the second deer was even there until he walked up and saw there was 2 dead does! <font size=4>I always wanted to do that but it hasn't happened yet.</font id=size4><hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Thier's one mentality right there that I don't really care for. I guess I am sounding like I am Mr. Ethical or something but I respect the whitetail very much. I watch them on a daily basis on my property and I have learned from them. As you know Taz, they are a fascinating creature. I do not like seeing people taking this animal for granted. It down-right disgusts me. A story if I might.

My Dad was on a company lease out in the Hill Country of Texas and I would go up there with him every other weekend during deer season. This lease also had a good population of black buck antelope. Their was this one stand that I loved to hunt because of the pituresque view it provided in the mornings. It had a feeder out in the open that sat about 75 yards out from a brushy draw where the deer would come out. One particular weekend, my Dad had a few clients come up to do a little hunting. I let this one guy hunt this stand. We came to pick him up that morning and their were two animals on the ground, both of them being black bucks. He was only supposed to shoot one (lease rules). He said that he did not see the second one standing behind the first one.lol Like I said, I knew the layout of that stand location and he shot the first one about 15 yards to the right of the feeder out in the open. Thier is no way in hell that he didn't know and come to find out later on, he did know. Another story. When somebody says that they did not know, I consider that and excuse to cover their arse. If they really did not know then they need to polish up on their hunting skills and ethics before they go back out in the woods. My opinion of course.