Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
YEP DOC YOU DA MAN..I WOULD WATCH FOR SURE!
55.56%
I WOULD'NT WATCH EVEN IF THE DALLAS CHEERLEADRS WHERE ON YOUR SHOW !
44.44%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

DD TV Show or Not ?

Old 07-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: DD TV Show or Not ?

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

you got my vote, ANYTHING is better than watching "uncle ted"!
-Whats wrong with good old Uncle Ted? I would rather watch him over anything else on T.V. He is a true hunter and knows the meaning of hunting, unlike alot of your shows where they are just after the Biggest deer in the woods, he has real respect in what he harvests and you can tell.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

Why would you want to hunt in maine C.I., is it because of the woods that have been cut or the size of some of these monsters...?
Probably my biggest reason for hunting Maine and northern NH & Vermont is that it provideds the type of hunting I really enjoy.I love to walk and still hunt and often go for miles all the time wondering what is up just over the ridge. I am not knocking stand or food plot and field hunting because it certainly has a bunch of people who like to hunt that way. Hunting to me involves the chase and pitting my skills against the most warry animal I can access here in New England. It is me against him with the obvious advantage going to him. Occasionally when I am the winner it reminds me about just how pressious hunting is. When I am in good woods it doesn't matter if I don't see any deer. I know they are there and the thought of that fact is what keeps me going back. In my book it is the hunt rather than the kill that keeps me going. Sneaking along a swamp miles from the truck and hoping to catch up with that track that is looking for a bedding spot is what it is all about. The one thing I hate is to be on a decent track and have it lead to some posters. For that reason I stick to the largest public land I can find like in the 3 northern states.
ok ..OK ...THATS IT !!! You guys best besending old Doc a REAL invite ...the way you guys are talking you have me slobbering all over my keyboard .... The good Doctor is waiting for his invite!

dd

As for Road Kills post about that head case "Uncle Ted" ...this is MY post and it ALL about ME ..... not the wack off master ...

dd
Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Dominant Buck

You are welcome to hunt with me anytime Doc. Short 2 week rifle season here in Vt with so so hunting but a longer one in both Maine and NH. I really enjoy hunting in either Maine or Northern NH on Thanksgiving week. The big guys are usually running and often there is snow. I plan to try the vast Adirondack forest in Eastern NY...possibly this year or next if I don't go to NH or Maine. I havern't hunted it but have some friends who do and they have great luck. It is big woods and high mountains without a lot of hunters who are willing to get back. They have a real long season in NY and you can hunt pretty much all fall into the end of Dec depending on the zone. I have hunted the south central zone in Steuben County 4 out of the last 5 years the week after TDAY but we have switched to Ohio in that week. Our first year Ohio hunt wasn't all that impressive with only 1 nine point for 6 hunters. We are going back to an area a little more south in Pike Cty this year and I hope we get a better hunt. Lots of people and small parcels in that state but they do have some nice deer and the group of guys I go with is tops. Much of October will be in Colorado again this year. Since I started to go far away it is harder to find the time for NH and Maine. That is one reason why I might give the Dacks a close look either this year or next. Only a couple of hours away as opposed to 4 for NH and 6-10 in Maine depending on where I go.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

9 pages and still going !!

dd

Old 07-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

Ted hunts mainly on his own high fence ranches. He can hunt whatever he wants, whenever he wants. But he only has a limited amount of big bucks on his land. He could shoot a big buck whenever he wants. While watching his shows in the past and the one from the other day, it appears the deer he hunts arent the smartest.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Probably my biggest reason for hunting Maine and northern NH & Vermont is that it provideds the type of hunting I really enjoy.I love to walk and still hunt That is my way of hunting and walking and stalking with a bow as well as rifle during rifle season if no luck with the bow.Still hunting from the ground in camo during our archery season. This has given me the chance to look into a deers eye at ground level knowing that you have no chance at all getting a shot when they are so close. and often go for miles all the time wondering what is up just over the ridge. I am not knocking stand or food plot and field hunting because it certainly has a bunch of people who like to hunt that way. Hunting to me involves the chase and pitting my skills against the most warry animal I can access here in New England. It is me against him with the obvious advantage going to him.That is where the real challenge lies hunting them in their back yards and not so much ours. Like finding a needle in a haystack only the needle can jump from haystack to haystack..Occasionally when I am the winner it reminds me about just how pressious hunting is. When I am in good woods it doesn't matter if I don't see any deer. I know they are there and the thought of that fact is what keeps me going back. Same thing here! In my book it is the hunt rather than the kill that keeps me going. Sneaking along a swamp miles from the truck and hoping to catch up with that track that is looking for a bedding spot is what it is all about. The one thing I hate is to be on a decent track and have it lead to some posters. I can agree with you here, and even here some areas are getting more andmore like that..[:'(]For that reason I stick to the largest public land I can find like in the 3 northern states.

D.D. you are welcome to come way up this way at anytime our archery season is about a month long and rifle season is around 4 weeks long.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

That be Cool D.D. ......I'm up for that for sure..
We''l definitely have to make arrangementsfor you to participate up here in B.C.for moose hunting adventure..
As well as High Country Mulie Deer Hunting..
Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

GEEEZZZZZZ IVE GOT TO GET A SHOW ...HECK THERE HAVE BEEN OVER 1200 HITS ON JUST THIS POST IN THE LAST TWO OR THREE DAYS ...CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE THE INTEREST IN MY NEW SHOW

dd