Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is a bigger rush?

Old 07-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What is a bigger rush?

My grandsons finally started hunting deer a couple of years ago. Watching them harvest a deer (or miss one) is by far the biggest kick to me.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

No question for me. I, beyond a shadow of a doubt do not care if I ever pull the trigger again as long as I can sit next to my two sons and watch them. Last season both of my sons (ages 11 & 12) harvested small bucks. Both times I was more excited than them. Their is not a day that passes when we do not talk of the upcoming season. Spending time with them in the woods scouting, practicing at the range, talking about the upcoming season is the "good ole days" that everyone talks about.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

I have been able to get 2 younger people deer while I was with them and yes it is a rush. But then again they werent related in any way to me so I still get the bigger rush harvesting my own deer. In1 1/2yrs my oldest son will be able to legallyhunt and I got a feeling for him I will be more excited then shooting my own. Its still fun though with other people.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:57 AM

My middle son got his first deer--a doe--with me right beside him! He was thrilled and grateful.Awesome! My oldest son shot his first buck with me, and he is just a little bit on the arrogant side--his first words out of his mouth--although I placed him in the tree, told him where to expect the deer to come from, and gave him his rifle--were, "Dad, I think I'm a better hunter than you now!" Not awesome!