Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Primos hunting show makes us all look bad

Old 07-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Primos hunting show makes us all look bad

Didnt know it got cold in Nebraska. I've hit deer and missed deer, when I was really cold. Both with bow and rifle. However, when I'm getting ready to shoot an animal I dont really notice the cold. Maybe its the adrenalin kicking in or something. When I'm getting ready to shoot, the pain from my frozen fingers and shivering, just goes away.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wasent going to respond but I cant help it...

I really believe that guys who think like Tex say this because big deer come easy... Private Ranch, big leases ect, ect, ect. Not everyone has good property to hunt and can let big bucks walk if the shot is not a perfect broadside/quartering shot

I hunt public land and in 30 years of hunting public land I've only killed 4 deer that I thought were big enough to get mounted... These bucks are only 13-15" wide bucks... Not your 140-150 inch bucks...

I guess what I'm saying is you hunt the way you want and I'll hunt the way I want... Maybe one day I'll hit the lotto and then I can preach to everyone that I only shoot deer that I plan to mount or I only take 100% kill shots or I only take my safty off after I have 150% have identified my target and it is a deer and its a deer that will make my friends jealous

I'm basicly a poor Ted Nugent
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to take this opportunity to say I love Will Priomos and I use allmost allof his elk hunting products!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

I just watched Double Bull on MOR. That guy seemed like kinda of an idiot. He took a shot at running deer and hit it way back. The arrow was sticking out right infront of the deers hind legs. The guy continued to be very cocky, considering he just made a horrible shot. However, he got lucky and the deer didnt go to far.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

I say 2 thumbs up to the Primos guys for showing the good days and bad days afield. Like many have already said, it ain't Hollywood. They put on a great show IMHO
Old 07-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

They don't come any finer then Will Primos. Their show is as genuine as any show can be. Trust me, Will is just a good ole boy.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's good that Primos is realistic, Realtree used to be, but now, in Monster Bucks XIV, every hunt wasn't empty handed, which is ridiculous, but I was re-watching Monster Bucks XII, and they had plenty of kills, and misses.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Spike

Couple of things to keep in mind, one, Dean has not been hunting with the Primos team for a couple of years. He had three kids and lost his wife to cancer, then remarried a girl that had one kid and then they had one together (thats 5 if you are counting). So Dean had to quit working for Primos because of the travel required. This was a special hunt and he hasn't been hunting alot during the time away.

Second, he and Kevin took off on a stalk that they thought wouldn't last long, they would either kill the deer quickly or bust him out and they could get back to the truck, so they left their coats in the truck. When they got in position, the buck bedded down and they had to wait until he stood back up, and it took about an hour. That is why they were out in the Nebraska cold without coats.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

Good point. Primos is awesome it doesnt matter if they screw up once in awhile. Primos hunting team will never do something on purpose to make hunters look bad. If they screw up, they let you know.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Spike

good show

Quick Reply: Primos hunting show makes us all look bad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.