Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I always wear a safety harness
54.72%
Sometimes I'll wear a safety harness
24.53%
I never wear a safety harness
20.75%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Safety Harnesses

Old 07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Safety Harnesses

I wear one. It's not a big deal for me. Its not a pain if you use a clip rather than straping it around the tree every time. I use one that's long enough that it wont get in the way (may not be the safest because you can fall further.) Anyway, I'd think most people fall while climbing the ladder, so there I'm screwed.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

It only takes one timeunless your a little slow at learning , but once you had fallen out of a tree and lucky enough to walk away you'll put that safety harness on everytime you go up a tree.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Banned

I don't wear them. I would wear them if they made it easier to wear them when you are actually climbing up or down which is when most people fall. I don't see any point in wearing it when I'm just sitting in my climber. However, I do scare myself sometimes when I don't realize how high I have climbed before dark and then I look down and realize I'm 50 ft up a thin pine with no safety harness. I guess I'm young and foolish...
Old 07-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

I don't want offend anyone here but for goodensakes before you waist the next $100.00 this weekend go buy a descent safety system. I agree those freebies they send in the stands are a pain in the !#?!#?, but better than never climbing in to a stand again. Once you buy a good one you will not mind having it on. I started with the HSS, but now use a Loggy byou safety system. Like wearing nothing at all, and easy to put on. I promise it is worth it.