Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Pet Peeves

Old 07-07-2007, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting Pet Peeves

Guys that park their trucks 300 yds from their stand, camo to the limit, spray on cover scent,then unload a 4-wheeler and ride it to the stand. Deer can't smell exhaust???? A 4-wheeler looks just like any other stump so be careful when you're walking so that you don't stumble over one!?!?[8D] Noticing the build of the guys riding, you must have to be a triathelete to buy one. None of these guys need to walk anywhere for fear ofoverworking their perfectly tonedphysiques!!!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:06 AM

Some real good ones here, that's for sure. Amazing how a bunch of us know the same people.

One to add, the over-estimation of a deer's weight. "No, that's not a 175 lb. doe,...it just isn't."

Go buy a scale.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

Just thought I would steal (borrow) an idea from Letterman. Top 10 Deer Hunting Pet Peeves:
10. Guys that are upland game hunting during ML season and don't wear blaze orange.
9. The guy who wants to go hunting with you so bad then cancels the night before because the wife has something for him to do.
8. Big game hunters who shoot a Bambi, then pose for pictures.
7. Hunters that don't appreciate just being out hunting even if they don't harvest a deer.
6. Setting up well before sun up and then having a goofball walk in on you and set up 50 yards in front of you an hour after sun up. (hey buddy my blaze orange isn't a clue)
5. Hunting bush all morning in -30 weather and coming back to the truck for lunch to find 5 or 6 sets of fresh track 10 yards from the truck.
4. Swirling wind.
3. Finding a headless carcas left by a trophy hunter.
2. POACHERS!!!!
1. All those that knock and call down hunting (peta members at the top of the list), and have no idea about the social, economical, and environmental benefits that hunting provides for a community.

You only have 9, #2 & 3 are the same. I'm a trophy hunter and not a poacher.

My biggest pet peeve is people who shoot young bucks and then complain that they don't have a change to kill a trophy. Well Duh!