Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Pet Peeves

Old 07-05-2007, 11:50 PM

Default RE: Hunting Pet Peeves

WALKING DEER HUNTERS. I LOVE WHEN THEY PUSH DEER TO ME. THEN I TELL THEM HOW BIG THE BUCK I SHOT WAS. THEN THEY TELL ME THEY DIDN'T SEE ANY AT ALL. STUPID PEOPLE CREATE STUPID CHILDREN SO PLEASE DON'T BREED.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

1.People who STEAL other hunters Stands!!!!! And they ARE NOT OTHER HUNTERS they are just crimanal scums!!!!!!!!!!Walt
Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

The guy that has 200 acres to hunt but puts his stand as close to the property line as he can and you only have 20 acres to hunt.
So is it that other hunters fault you only have 20 acres to hunt? What if the area near the property lines is a good area or better for the wind on a certain day, he shouldn't hunt it because you have 20 acres bordering?

As far as actual hunting pet peeves for me I would say:
1.When I am hunting and the wind is giving me a fit(swirling or shifting).

2.When too many old does come near my stand, I'm pretty sure that in
addition to their sense of smell, sight, and hearing they have some
form of hunter detection radar sense as well.

3. When I do something real bonehead like climb up the tree and realize
my release is in the pack I used yesterday.

4. I execute the perfect silent stalk to my stand in the wee hours of the
morning only to hit my bow against the stand while pulling it up (or any
other abnormal noise).

5. Spooking deer on the way in or out of the woods.

6.After I finally get settled in and my stomach decides maybe I should
not have had that coffe with my Raisin Bran.

I could probably list 100 others, I noticed many peoples pet peeves have
to do with other hunters but most of mine are self-inflicted. Not that I haven'trun acrosspet peeves with other hunters butI try to go out of my way to seclude myself and when occasionally I have a bad experience whether it be trash in the woods or someone hunting where they shouldn't be I try to deal with it as calmly as possible because the older I get the more I realize that getting bent out of shape only messes up my attitude/day andthat is the opposite of what I want when hunting.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kybuckhunter

The guy that has 200 acres to hunt but puts his stand as close to the property line as he can and you only have 20 acres to hunt.

I agree 100%. Because I have to deal with more than one guy doing it to me. I think its rediculous no matter how good the hunting is RIGHT on the property line.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

As long as the guy is on his land, why shouldn't he, if the deer come through there. Now, if someone is shooting across the line, that's another issue.

I have a guy that hunts right on line with me, and I have no problems with it. Now, I did get a little PO'd when he and his whole clan came crashing through the wood on my lease looking for a wounded deer the first day of deer season. But, since they are friends, I did what any good neighbor would do, and got down and helped them look.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

As long as the guy is on his land, why shouldn't he, if the deer come through there. Now, if someone is shooting across the line, that's another issue.

I have a guy that hunts right on line with me, and I have no problems with it. Now, I did get a little PO'd when he and his whole clan came crashing through the wood on my lease looking for a wounded deer the first day of deer season. But, since they are friends, I did what any good neighbor would do, and got down and helped them look.
Exactly Griz. It might not be an ideal situation but it is his property and he can hunt it(all of it)how he chooses, I'm not understanding why others would have a problem with this (assuming there is no trespassing involved), wouldn'ta personhave to be using the land near the property lines as well to know wherethe other guywas hunting?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

Wish I lived somplace to take 5-6 deer a year instead of drawing a tag 1in 3. Note out here it all public land 100's of 1000's of acres and "my"lake has 55 miles of beach 40 of which you could hunt 20 on the army base and10 that it takes an hour and a half to get to thats short on birds anyway.

#1 That guy that uses "my" blind during the week and leaves 2 boxes of empties and allthe rest of his or her trash in and around .
#2 That guy that sacks "my" blind to move it 50 ft .
#3 I'd invite any of the "boys" in to the blind any day why the hell would you yell and get po'd whenI drop kids andgear at the end of the road 300+ yrds fromyour blind and are going another 300 yrds away.On this lake the birds will set 100 off your dekes and out of the rain zones .About every 500 yrds .
#4 That guy thats po'd 'cause your in "his" blind at 8:00 opening moring when he shows up.
#5 The guys that troll repallas knowingly through your casted bait.

I guess those should all be #1's
Old 07-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

1.I thought his rack was bigger then that!
2. (at the check station)He out smarted me,he hide behind a tree.All I could see was legs,then he walk away so I couldnt see him.I just got through drinking some coffee and eating a donut but they dont know what that smell is.
3.I dont care about there antlers,those big ones taste terrible.But when a big 10 point and a small spike are together they will shoot the 10.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

My peeve is the "Clown Car" guy. He pulls in on opening morning, and your first thought is "I swear to god, this guy better be hunting the opposite side of the farm, or I'm gonna blow a gasket."

He parks, turns off the headlights.

Driver's side door opens. He gets out, cigarrette in mouth. Coffee in hand.

Passenger door pops open. Another guy gets out.

Both back doors open. More random guys pile out.

He's got people riding in the cargo area too. They just keep coming.

35 people, all in one car. It's like a nightmare that never ends.

Then, the ringleader makes his approach, kinda looking you over as he makes his way to your car. "Which way are YOU headed??" he says. You tell him. "Hmph, that's where I was headin'." "Guess there's room for both of us out there..."

Homicidal rage ensues.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

My peeve is the "Clown Car" guy. He pulls in on opening morning, and your first thought is "I swear to god, this guy better be hunting the opposite side of the farm, or I'm gonna blow a gasket."

He parks, turns off the headlights.

Driver's side door opens. He gets out, cigarrette in mouth. Coffee in hand.

Passenger door pops open. Another guy gets out.

Both back doors open. More random guys pile out.

He's got people riding in the cargo area too. They just keep coming.

35 people, all in one car. It's like a nightmare that never ends.

Then, the ringleader makes his approach, kinda looking you over as he makes his way to your car. "Which way are YOU headed??" he says. You tell him. "Hmph, that's where I was headin'." "Guess there's room for both of us out there..."

Homicidal rage ensues.
lmao

Quick Reply: Hunting Pet Peeves

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.