Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Spooking Deer Witout Spooking Deer

Old 06-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Spooking Deer Witout Spooking Deer

Mostly everyone has had it happen to them Darkness Falls and their are still deer all around you, Now your faced with a choice, do you sit and wait for the deer to leave on their own accord or do you just leave because its dark. My question to you guys is how do you guys slip out undetected?? Ive heard of people taking a coyote Howler and blowing it, it spooks the deer without spooking deer, if anyone knows of any other ways to Spook Deer without Spooking deer then please share with me.
Ryan
Old 06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spooking Deer Witout Spooking Deer

Try bringing a small bag of pebbles and throwing them in the deer's direction. They won'tknow what's going on andwill probably leaverather quickly.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats pretty creative.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

early in made a pretty good suggestion , I had deer around my stand last fall season and it was well past shootng hours.
So what I did was I took some small twigs and limbs off the tree I was in and threw them behind the deer and it worked.
The deer didn't get really spooked but they wondered off and away from my stand allowing me to leave without spoiling my area.
I went to that very same stand the next day and the deer came around without knowing I was there the night before.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I try to keep a couple of dry small limbs around the stand. When it is too dark to hunt I snap one as loud asI can andthey usually run off.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

buy a coyote howler it will make them leave but not keep them away from the area
Old 06-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just yell at them lol
I usually have my dad sitting in the truck on the hill watching me so I just have him drive down to the blind they just look and trot away
Old 06-11-2007, 08:09 PM

I just leave. If you snap a limb or something its about the same as just climbing down. They dont sit around and wait to see if its a person coming down they just silently trot away.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just leave.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Either going in or out of a stand in the dark, I will stop every half dozen steps for a short while. Deer aren't so much spooked by hearing noise (e.g. leaves crunching or an occasional twig snapping), unless that sound is continuous. That's because man is about the only one in the woods that will walk non-stop making noise. Game animals know that.
If you stop every 15-20 feet for a brief stop, it sound more like other animals and they'll be less likely to be spooked, unless of course your up wind.

Quick Reply: Spooking Deer Witout Spooking Deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.