Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

3 buck limit in Alabama

Old 05-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 3 buck limit in Alabama

What do you guys think? I kinda' thought it was nice to be able to shoot one buck and one doe every day, but then again another part of me is happy to see a state practicing quality buck management.

The law will make it to where you can only shoot 3 bucks per deer season, the first two can be any number of points, but the last one has to be with at least 4 points onone side.
We have a 3 buck limit here in TN.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:18 PM

Default RE: 3 buck limit in Alabama

You want to see some tough limits then come to Indiana. Here it is 1 Buck a season (rifle,bow,muzzie) and doe tags cost extra
Old 05-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

in PA its one buck with 3 points atleast perdeer season and doe tags are extra and on the other half of the state it has to have atleast 4 points
Old 05-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Has it passed yet, or is it just a proposal?
Old 05-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Manitoba we have 2 tags for each season (bow, ML, rifle). No restrictions. With my second son hunting this year it means a total of 18 tags for us (if my wife hunts rifle this year then 20).
Old 05-26-2007, 09:18 PM

Here in TN we have a 3 buck limit but only one per season. like one during bow, one muzzleloader, and one rifle, with a total of no more than 3 all year long. And I absolutly love it. I have been hunting since i was 10 yrs old. and pretty much quit going deer hunting until 3 yrs agobecause there was nothing worth shootingand that was even if you seen a buck. Know I can go and since anywhere from 5 to 10 dfferent bucks that are not shooters and let them walk because they will be bigger next year. And if you meat hunt and live in unit L like me you can kill the does per day. in any season with a sportsman license. Over the past 4 season I have killed 2 bucks that were over a 140 class deer and my 6 yr old daughter killed her first deer that score a 143.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: younggun243

What do you guys think? I kinda' thought it was nice to be able to shoot one buck and one doe every day, but then again another part of me is happy to see a state practicing quality buck management.

The law will make it to where you can only shoot 3 bucks per deer season, the first two can be any number of points, but the last one has to be with at least 4 points on each side, I think, or I am terribly misinformed about the details of the law.
I'm not even sure if it's a 3 buck limit or more, I think we have a 4 buck limit here in TN.
You should actually be happy in at least one way. You will be able to grow bigger bucks, the tighter the restrictions. Its been only one buck per year, like indianahunter83, in minnesota covering ML, rifle and bow forever. We also have to pay for management/doe tags.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm..... I didn't think it was only one per season, of course, I do hunt in unit L, so we can shoot does every day if we want, but yeah, you're right there's the statewide limit of 3 bucks, excpet in unit B, right? I think unit B was only 2 bucks.

I didn't know about one per season, I just never saw that on the website, is that a new thing? Or has it been around? I haven't been on he TWRA website since February or March, which might be a reason for my not knowing.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Has it passed yet, or is it just a proposal?
It's passed, I saw it on the North American Hunter E-mail Newsletter I get every week or so.

Alabama Approves New Three-Buck Limit

MONTGOMERY, ALThe Alabama Conservation Advisory Board voted recently to establish a new three-buck limit for the state’s deer hunting season.
The limit will be Alabama’s first in more than 40 years. Two of the three bucks can be of any size, but the third must have at least 4 antler points on one side of its rack to be legal. State wildlife officials say the intent is for the new limit to go into effect this season.
Dr. Warren Strickland of Huntsville proposed the change, which will include an as-yet-to-be specified validation system to record kills. Officials say that could be tags, punch cards, Internet check-in, telephone check-in or check stations. The state conservation department’s law enforcement section will determine the system in the coming weeks.
For more information on this story, visit www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

2 a day, every day here

Quick Reply: 3 buck limit in Alabama

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.