Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ESPN's Around the Horn

Old 05-25-2007, 09:07 PM

Default RE: ESPN's Around the Horn

You're kidding me right? If he honestly made that statement then it sounds more like a bias defense for Vick. One is illegal while the other is not. Plain and simple
Old 05-26-2007, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

How can anyone with half a brain make that statement.If an email address is provided I will also email ESPN management letting them know that the hunting community expects an apology.To compare controlled animal fighting where the intent is for animals to tear one another up to hunting where you are looking to kill an animal as quickly and cleanly as possible and then prepare the animal for table fare.Night and day.The more I think about it the angrier I get!
Old 05-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Hello, I am new here.Below is a link you guys can let ESPN know what you think about J.A. Adande's comments...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

I hope that many of you voice your opinions as I already have done.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

I just sent in my displeasure to the network!!!! I watch there channel 80% of the time. I told them the only thing I like better then sports is deer hunting and was considering not watching. I explained it wouldnt hurt there ratings but something needs to be done about this as they host hunting shows and not once have I seen a program for dogfighting. Doug
Old 05-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

there... just wrote in...
very ignorant on his part..
espn airs some good hunting programs... no dog fighting though!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:47 AM

Deer fight each other in the wild. When hunters shoot the deer, we are preventing deer fighting. Therefore, hunters are the only ones doing anything about stopping the brutal practice of deer fighting.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can let him know what you think at
[email protected]
Old 05-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: zubba

Wow...the guy should be fired. It is no comparison. What a fool. This is the kind of $hit I don't have time for!!
X 2 [:@]
Old 05-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Spike

Hey, thanks for the feedback guys!Too often these type of comments made by the media go unheeded.Nice to see sportsmen take notice. Big thanks to those who emailed ESPN or Adande. Will it make a difference? Maybe not, but it shows we care about our sport!!! I didn't receive a reply from Adande, but then again, I'd be shocked to get one.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:59 PM

While I don't like JA in general and think he is one of the weaker "guests" on the show, never have I been as upset as I was when JA Adande compared Dog fighting to deer hunting.
Dog fighting is deliberate cruelty whereby pets are starved and beaten then forced to fight one another often to the death.
Deer hunting is a sport and way of life that has been an important part of the American way of life since the 1700's.
If they are so alike, why isn't dog fighting on ESPN outdoors?
Please fire JA.
Sent. I'm about to send one off to old JA. What a tool.

Quick Reply: ESPN's Around the Horn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.