Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who is the better hunter?

Old 05-28-2007, 09:09 PM

Default RE: Who is the better hunter?

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Who can kill the most deer or the most bucks is certainly no sign as to who the better huter is. In this day and age, who the heck couldn't kill a bunch of deer with modern equipment.

You want the best hunter then show me the men who can consistently tag MATURE animals from their area and I'll show you THE best hunter in your region.

Numbers are for rookies and kids, consistent quality comesfrom a level of dedication and knowledge gained through experience.
You honestly think that a 3 1/2 year old buck is smarter than a doe the same age????!!!!! That is the biggest bunch of horsecrap I've ever heard.

Those who shoot the biggest deer in the area almost ALWAYS have the best hunting land. If you gave me a hundred thousand dollars, I could buy up some of the best hunting land, post it, scout it, put up all the fancy stands and all that other stuff required. I guarantee you I could shoot some of the biggest bucks in our area. The woods I hunt holdlots ofdeer but not many big bucks. There is, however, a strip of woods behind us loaded with huge bucks and if Icould huntthat land I know I would be the "best" hunter out there. My hunting area is loaded with hunters and is a disaster during gun season.

Most people consider you a good hunter if you can shoot big bucks but that's not what makes you a great hunter. Most anyone nowadays can go to some game ranch and blast away some managed trophy. Once again, it's land that helped in the kill.

Bottom line, if you don't have good hunting land, then trophy deer are out of the question. You are no less of a hunter and I'm sick of you trophy hunters who put us down for it. Anyone with money can go to a game ranch nowdays and shoot the big one. Maybe I'll just save my money, go there, and shoot a 180 class deer just to shut you up. Would that impress you???
Old 05-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Who can kill the most deer or the most bucks is certainly no sign as to who the better huter is. In this day and age, who the heck couldn't kill a bunch of deer with modern equipment.

You want the best hunter then show me the men who can consistently tag MATURE animals from their area and I'll show you THE best hunter in your region.

Numbers are for rookies and kids, consistent quality comesfrom a level of dedication and knowledge gained through experience.
You honestly think that a 3 1/2 year old buck is smarter than a doe the same age????!!!!! That is the biggest bunch of horsecrap I've ever heard.

Those who shoot the biggest deer in the area almost ALWAYS have the best hunting land. If you gave me a hundred thousand dollars, I could buy up some of the best hunting land, post it, scout it, put up all the fancy stands and all that other stuff required. I guarantee you I could shoot some of the biggest bucks in our area. The woods I hunt holdlots ofdeer but not many big bucks. There is, however, a strip of woods behind us loaded with huge bucks and if Icould huntthat land I know I would be the "best" hunter out there. My hunting area is loaded with hunters and is a disaster during gun season.

Most people consider you a good hunter if you can shoot big bucks but that's not what makes you a great hunter. Most anyone nowadays can go to some game ranch and blast away some managed trophy. Once again, it's land that helped in the kill.

Bottom line, if you don't have good hunting land, then trophy deer are out of the question. You are no less of a hunter and I'm sick of you trophy hunters who put us down for it. Anyone with money can go to a game ranch nowdays and shoot the big one. Maybe I'll just save my money, go there, and shoot a 180 class deer just to shut you up. Would that impress you???

HAHAHAHA thats funny.u still wont impress mehaha j/k..i completely agree with its all about the land you hunt.. sure i guess there are "mature" animals everywhere ..jus more of them in some places than others

Old 05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

There were 2805 deer killed in PG county.......
Now,now, don't give me that stuff, give me some good stuff, some.........R county, oh yeah!