Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Simple Question

Old 05-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Simple Question

in regards to your minimum length question it depends on the state,,,but a common standard (western)is if you can fit a ring on it then it is a point..

good luck this year!! do lots of scouting!!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Fairly New ? I would say brand new.......and thats good we need ya to keep the sport alive. Count the tip of each point.......the end of the main beam is one point and then each tine all the way around to the tip of the other main beam.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:05 AM
Spike

Yea, we are supposed to be heading up to the lease either this weekend or next weekend to start working on some food plots and putting up some new stands. I already have a few spots picked out that I would like to build stands. One of the spots I picked seems really good.

Oh, and I say fairly new because this won't be my first time sitting in a deer stand. I know the basics (Well, except for the whole points thing... lol) It will however be my first time deer hunting as an adult, by myselfand will be my first time hunting for an entire season instead of one or two hunts.

I have been doing a bunch of reading (Have read just about every article on this site and every article that I can pull up on google). I also went and purchased "The Advanced Deer Hunters Bible" by John Weiss. It has alot about whitetail behavior. I am really interested and want to learn as much as I can. With that said... yeah... I am brand new. lol