Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Seven Things You might Not Know about PETA

Old 02-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Seven Things You might Not Know about PETA

Doesnt peta realize animals are killed on nuisance permits to protect their veggies.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: NiceAndBlue

ORIGINAL: Big Racks Clothing

I don't know if any of you saw the episode that Penn and Teller did on their show on Showtime, but if there is any way you can get a video of it I highly recommend it. These guys ripped PETA a new a***ole. Even one of the officers of PETA has a vein of a cow running down her leg.....thanks to animal research.
http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/prevepisodes.do?episodeid=s2/peta

BRC
they have it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ElyZBTN1Y

my biggest question to peta is...what do they feed the stray dogs and cats they take in? salad?
They took the video down for copywright issues!!
Here is another thing i found today about how good ol PETA works...
WINTON — An animal rights worker charged with animal cruelty for euthanizing animals in the back of a van and then dumping their bodies in a trash bin apologized Thursday on the witness stand.
Adria J. Hinkle testified that she was supposed to bring the animals collected in northeastern North Carolina back to the Norfolk, Va. offices of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA, but she said the smell in the van had overwhelmed her in the past.
"The smell was so bad that it was hard to drive home," Hinkle testified.
She and her co-worker Andrew B. Cook decided instead to drop the animal carcasses into a bin behind a grocery store in Hertford County, about 50 miles southwest of Norfolk.
Hinkle said Thursday she regretted the decision and that it was disrespectful to the community.
She and Cook each face 21 counts of animal cruelty, along with charges of littering and obtaining property by false pretenses.
At least one veterinarian says that PETA had assured them that the animals turned over to the group would be taken to a no-kill shelter and not be euthanized. Hinkle denied Thursday she had ever made such a promise.
Hinkle and Cook were arrested in June 2005, after police said they saw them dump several bags of dead animals and found more dead animals in their van.
PETA was trying to improve conditions at animal shelters in northeastern county by collecting the animals, Hinkle said. Euthanasia was still necessary, though, she said.
"No one wants to do it," she said. "I've seen a lot of cruelty and neglect."
She recalled tearfully that one of the animals she euthanized was a dog with two embedded collars cutting into its neck.
Hinkle, 28, is on administrative leave from PETA. Cook continues to work for

Old 02-03-2007, 11:15 AM

Doing a paper on this right now. Here is a little blurb i found from one journal article where this guy in a carrot suit was going around and trying to talk kids out of eating meat. It seems as though some of the people turned on em lol I personally would love to see a steak mascot beating the he11 out of a carrot.[8D]

"Others have been more aggressive. Anti-Chris P. protestors in Omaha, Nebraska, "set up a barbecue across from the school where Carrot was speaking," Spy magazine reported last month. In Des Moines, Iowa, the satirical publication writes, "Local pig farmers gave luncheon meat (bologna, beef jerky, and olive loaf) to students and encouraged them to throw it at the visiting vegetable." In Texas, the tender-hearted Carrot was alledgedly attacked by a giant beefsteak mascot, bent on "kicking Chris P.'s ass." "Oh boy, Chris P. Carrot," exclaims the secretary at Edmonton's Weinlos School, targeted by PETA last week. Once again denied entry, Chris P. handed out pins and leaflets, then paid a visit to nearby Crawford Plains School. "
Old 02-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Big Racks Clothing

They don't feed them....they euthanize (KILL) them!
Check this out!

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Old 02-06-2007, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1913999390200944075&q=bull****&pl=true

Here's the Penn and Teller link. They say it all.

I believed in what PETA started out for; saving abused animals and preventingfurther abuse of domestic animals,but I think they're completely nuts now. Protesting fishing tournaments because they think it's cruel to fish, wanting us to no longer have pets, running out and freeing minks from mink-farms and setting research facilities on fire.

They're just a bunch of uneducated, self-righteous yuppy jerk-wads with too much money and too much time on their hands.