Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Global Warming

Old 02-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Global Warming

I Dont belive in Global warming but just because its cold doesnt mean its happening. Global warming is extreme weather conditions in places that it shouldnt be happeing. Global warming if true just means the shifting of climates from around the globe over time. where it might snow in MN one year in august or it be 80 degrees in december there you. But I HIGHLY DOUBT anything that extreme will happen in any of our lifetimes or even our childrens.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:43 AM

So, when all polar bears in nature are extinct inside of 20 years due to loss of habitat/ice pack, due to melting caused by rise in temp, will it still be an issue for the lefty extremists?
Oh well I guess we can wish in one hand and S**t in the other and see which one get filled first.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:54 AM

Listen, the polar bears have plenty of habitat to last them more than 20 years. As long as they have meat, and there are an over abundance of seals, they will survive. Man made Global warming has no scientific proof. It's all about what political affiliation you belong to and your perseption of the issue. But man affecting it has not been proven.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Believe me I didn't drink any Kool-Aid. Its the short sightedness of people, exactly like the ones I'm reading, that is what is wrong with this arguement. I almost feel disgusted that my fellow hunters don't believe the planet is changing and WE are the reason why. How hard is it to understand? Its not just the Hurricanes that is just one example. The theory that people are just morepopulatedaroundthe oceanand we just notice it more is completely a bogus thought. Hurricanes are tracked and recorded of their magnitude and they are happening now more frequently and stronger than ever. Hurricanes need warm water to gather strength and sincethere are warmer waters now b/cthe temperatureis higher there is a correlation. But like I said that is just one problem.The biggerproblem will come and it WILL come that when the Polar Ice Caps melt it exposes the bare ground underneath. Under that ground is a gas called methane that has beentrapped under the ice but as the sun comes down on that black bare ground, the ice will melt quicker and sea levels will rise and methane will be released. Methane isafar largerproblemfor the environment than CO2 levels. These problems exist...they are fact, this isn't the media blowing this out of control. After all,it has been confirmed that the Bush Administration might not havereleased all the facts to the public about Global Warming. I have a Masters in GIS with an emphasis in Environmental Science. I have read countless Scientific Journals and have never found one article that has said that Global Warming is false.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:30 AM

I truly appreciate all the feedback everyone has given.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:14 PM
BDC
Fork Horn

Does anyone find it funny that after 3 weeks of unseasonable warm temperatures in January everyone (the media mainly) is discussing global warming when we are now in the second week of below normal temps. and the media referrs to the current weather as a cold snap? As if they are saying, once this freakish cold winter weather dissipates the weather will return to its normal warming trend.

The only thing predictable about the weather is that its unpredictable.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

Weather is only day to day. Climate change is over a long period of time. There is a huge difference.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:21 PM
BDC
Fork Horn

My point exactly.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

louddrummer,
The earth is currently getting warmer but what is your proof that we have anything to do with it.
There are as many scientists or more saying that we have nothing to do with the climate change,
as there are that say we do. The media never seem to report this.
Your example of hurricans does not seem to be a good one either. Of the top ten to hit the U.S.
only one is from recent history. Check for yourself.
http://www.epicdisasters.com/tenstrongestushurricanes.php
Old 02-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

Hunterbrum, Global Warming isn't limited to the US and the degree of impact on civilization. I believe one good example would be Hurricane Catalina that hit the coast of Brazil last year. That hurricane should be the most historic Hurricane in history b/c its the first hurricane ever to hit South America! I should say, the main issue isn't hurricanes and maybe it is more of a subject people stress over b/c of Hurricane Katrina but it is a factor. Onereason Katrina became so strong was b/c of the above avg. water temp in the Gulf of Mexico. If you need proof of whether humans are involved just look at the history since the Industrial Revolution and see the correlation of CO2 levels compared to temperature levels. Scientists in Antartica take Ice Core samples that go back thousands of years and can determine by the use of isotopes the amount of CO2 in the ice and compare that year to year to how thick the ice is. It is like the rings of a tree.NASA came out and said that the 5 hottest years of this century were 2005, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2004. Is it just a coincidence that we are putting off more CO2 emissions ever from fossil fuels and the temp is rising?

Quick Reply: Global Warming

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.