Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Free lifetime deer hunting license for....

Old 01-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Bartender

Default RE: Free lifetime deer hunting license for....

P.S.- To back it up I originally emailed the DNR and back then they did say they were working on changing that which by your email I guess they did.
But there is a grandfather clause that whatever year they started that prior years your still covered even if your out of state. I will have to find that email.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Bartender

Just found the info:
http://www.dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/license.htm
So they did this last august.
UNC you own one prior to this?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

While I support our military, I look at it like this. There is no draft, everybody now in the military did so voluntarily. Besides that, it would be very hard to accumulate correct records to sustantiate time served.
Actually it wouldbe very easy. All info regarding time served, branch and theatre/duty stations and combat experience is all on a1-2 page form called a DD form 214. Someone could easily present this to verify. Alreadyhave to form VA benefits and to use veterans preferance.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

While I support our military, I look at it like this. There is no draft, everybody now in the military did so voluntarily. Besides that, it would be very hard to accumulate correct records to sustantiate time served.
Actually it wouldbe very easy. All info regarding time served, branch and theatre/duty stations and combat experience is all on a1-2 page form called a DD form 214. Someone could easily present this to verify. Alreadyhave to form VA benefits and to use veterans preferance.

I wanted to respond to both the quotes here Red Lion you are correct the DD 214 is all that would be needed. VA Status isnt that hard to achieve.

timbercruiser alltough yes everyone in the service is voluntarily there. There are quite a few of those folks that joined not during war time that where lured in by the thought of money for college and or seen it as the only way to escape a dead end life. Of course they all are ware of the ultimate cost, there are quite a few that figured the would never have to pay it.

(what followsis a general statement of my opinion not directed as a response to anyones post.)
These folks are risking there lives for there country. Giving up there freedoms, and allot of times being isolated and seprated from there familes to be stationed somewhere where the only thing to do is hunt, or fish or spend time in one of the many Tattoo parlors, pawn shops, used cars shops, and bars that are numerous around the posts and bases. If you think that its some kind of great benift that they can shop at a PX or something then i remind you that a E-1 or private salary is only about 24,000 a year.In Fl currently the only way a servicemen gets a free hunter permit or fishing permit is if he is here on leave. Not if he is stationed here or a reservists that lives here. And you must have your orders on you to prove that you are on leave.

Just to add a few things yes i served. No i didnt go to war i spent all my time stationed in FT Knox. This E-4 would not go out and get him a free liscense i buy a saltwater fishing liscense now and dont have to because i dont fish anywhere but from shore. I buy the liscense to support the revenue needed to keep people around like the FWC.

I believe there needs to be some clarification on what they mean by Vet. But i allso believe it would be a great thing to those men and woman that did serve and still are or had to go to war.

Again this is just MHO
Old 01-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

Iwish they would. Hell, I'd be happy if I had Veteran's Day off [:@]
Old 01-18-2007, 01:06 PM

I agree Kenman.