Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Permanent stands on public land

Old 01-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Permanent stands on public land

MinnFinn,

Was this new regulations in 2005? I have been overseas for several years and came home for hunting but since I hunt my own property I hadn't noticed a change in the laws. I could have sworn that they were illegal before the previously posted date. I do know that the local state forester would tear them down if he saw them.
Thaks for the info.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Permanent stands on public land

I don't know the exact year that such regs went into effect. I think the rules come down to the principal... public land that's designated for hunting and other outdoors useis for the general public and not for individuals to carve out their own areas for their exclusive use. It seems like just common sense that we shouldn't go into our neighbors land and build something sem-permanent and expect to have exclusive use of. That's pretty much what people who build things on public lands are doing.
As I always say...