Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Caught a Poacher

Old 11-29-2002, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Caught a Poacher

Had a birthday party to go to tonight and was asked to go thru town and pick up some ice cream and decided to drive by a place where I see deer all the time on the way. I seen 6 does and fawns when I got there and noticed that one deer didn't get up. It seemed odd that the deer was laying on his side. So I decided to open the gate and drive in out of curosity. The deer turned out to be an 11 point that had been shot thru the neck.So I called the game warden and he said it would take him about thirty minutes to get there because he had arrested two lowlife spotlighters. I was to meet him at the intersection about half a mile down the road. I heard a door slam shut and a red Ford pickup came down the road. I went to see if the deer was gone and it was so I followed the pickup to the check station where this lowlife checked it in. I asked the man at the check station not to issue a carcass tag till the warden got there but he did. The game warden took a blood sample from the deer which was at the processing plant already and some out of the lowlifes pickup as well as blood where the deer was laying in the feild for DNA testing. He says that it is as good as gold. The warden also said that he has been after this lowlife for a while but has always been one step behind him. He seemed pretty happy as he thinks this time he has him . Oh yea the ice cream was a little late and soft but the birthday boy is only one year old so he won't hold it against me

Old 11-29-2002, 09:49 PM

Default RE: Caught a Poacher

Way to go Mod. In my opinion, nothing makes good hunters look bad like Poaching. Its usually wasteful, immoral, and of course illegal. And its our job as hunters to make sure that poaching is punished. I know it usually means we have to go out of our way to do it, but that comes with the job and is well worth the trouble. Kudos to you.

One Shot, One Kill
Hunting is the one sport where, if you are playing right, the other team doesn't even know you're playing.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

GOOD ,way to
Old 11-30-2002, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Fantastic, be sure to keep us informed.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-30-2002, 01:16 PM
M38
Spike

Woooohooo. Excellent work there Mod70, I'm proud of you because you made the effort to do the right thing. I hope the low life gets all that coming to him.
Thank you.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:14 PM

how was he poaching....out of season? city limits? no liscense? etc

** I almost got him but I refuse to take a marginal shot **
Old 11-30-2002, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

He shot a deer on my property without permission. He shot it from the road and out of a vehicle. He trespassed on my property when he crossed the fence to get the deer. He gave false info to the check station when he gave the wrong location of the kill. He shot it with a .22 mag which is not legal in Oklahoma. Thats what I call poaching.

Old 11-30-2002, 09:00 PM

i see why knobby asked these questions......
the lowlife was probably poaching. however if it is deer season in your neck of the woods, the guy checked the deer in and had it tagged w/a temp field tag on it, the check station issued him a permenant tag, all the blood work that the warden did confirms that the deer in the field that you found is the same deer that was at the processing plant, and no one saw him illegally shoot the deer. the worst that could come out of it is that the guy gets busted for trespassing, and thats if he doesn't have permission to hunt where you found the dead deer. its sad but thats how i can see that one playing out.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:03 PM

oops sorry mod70 we were posting at the same time...i didn't have your facts when i posted.....looks like it was a job well done mod. keep up the good work...i just hate to see these guys get off on loopholes and we seem to see it every day.

Quick Reply: Caught a Poacher

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.