Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does anyone elses wife.....

Old 03-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does anyone elses wife.....

The wife never got mad, just upset when i would trek to other states and Canada to hunt. She has learned over the years and trusts my hunting buddies that i go with now (satalite phone helps to).She has also taken a liking to me getting my son out of her hair on the weekends now. The only time she got mad this year was when my 8 year old son woke her up at 5 AM asking how come I didn't wake him up to go with me.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:30 AM

my wife does not hunt and don't want to hunt ., but she doesnt care if i hunt and fish as long as the $$$ is taken care of ., oh when the kids were little ., and school starting and hunting starting i got some major looks when i was heading out just about every night with my bow ., now it is like someone else said ., she says we need more deer meat for the winter.,she does help track., she comes out scouting., and she helps skin and cut up deer., but she just does not want to shoot one., hey I'm all for that as long as i can get her out in the outdoors somehow.,
Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Believe it or not this was discussed before we ever got married. She had experience, though limited, with hunting before we got hitched so that does assist her with her understanding. She is always welcome to come out with myself and our two sons. There are time that she will come out just to sit in a blind with me for n evening for she really enjoys the nature and being out in the woods. Since hunting is a family thing for us she has always been welcome to join and if she doesn't then there has never been any difficulties. As my sons are getting older and their our ruts are beginning there has been times, while the boys were out on their hot dates, that my wife and I have been able to share some nice quite times in the hunting woods.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:13 AM

I'm not even married to her yet (though if she had her way we would be), but my girl still gets upset that I can fathom spending $700 on a gun, another $400 on a bow, plus buying all the accessories; yet I still won't buy her all the jewlery she wants. But at least she lets me spend all I want on the fishing gear I "need" .