Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does anyone elses wife.....

Old 01-12-2007, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Does anyone elses wife.....

I know some of you guys just hear...

Old 01-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Mine gets pretty hot over all the hunting I do. Especially when I elk hunting for 10 days, and then hunt the remaining of deer season. I do the best I can with what I've got though.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:07 PM

Looks as if more wives are more understanding than mine!! She'll get a couple of months with me until Red Snapper season startsat the end of April!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

He!! no. I run the show around here....hold on I think I hear her coming....gotta go.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, it's like a vacation for her from her husband shouting at the liberal wack jobs like Teddy Kennedy!
After I told her my hunting buddy wanted to put in apps for us to hunt Elk in Montana this fall, she said, "you know you're really lucky you're married to a woman like me who lets you go hunting so often." Then she said okay you can go. I agreed with her and told her I loved her. ;-)
Old 01-13-2007, 10:46 AM

I think I'm with the majority in that my wife is very understanding and even supporting of my addiction... errr... hunting habits!

Her dad and brothers pheasant, goose, and duck hunt religiously where as I grew up on Deer, squirrel and rabbit hunting with deer hunting being obviously the most sacred. She and her mom always got to go on shopping trips while the boys went hunting so she had a positive association with hunting long before I came around. She even encouraged me to start pheasant and waterfowl hunting with her dad and brothers (which we do everytime possible).

She makes me chocolate chip cookies every year the night before deer season (a ritual my mom started for my dad over 15 years ago), wishes me good luck and even this year took my doe in to be processed on the back of her white Neon! Unfortunately, I had school commitments and it was nearly 50 out so I didn't want the meat to sit around any longer than necessary.

She's never shot a gun but has expressed interest in coming with me next deer season! Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones who's wife hunts with him!

I'm a lucky SOB with the best wife I could ever hope for and I know it!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Dominant Buck

No, mine is very supportive of my passion , although occasional bribery hasn't hurt...
Old 01-13-2007, 08:35 PM

No problems here either!
I set the tone from the engagement on. I don't abuse alcohol, gamble or chase skirt. I don't sit on the couch all weekend and watch football. I hunt and fish. If that's 'gonna be a problem lets not get married. She said that my hobbies were important to me and that was ok with her.
Well, 8 1/2 years later, 2 sons and a mortgage, I'm still hunting and fishing.
My wife was anti-gun before she met me. After a few range sessions, she came to love shooting. She has her own Rem 1100 20ga for skeet and trap and loves to shoot my .45 ACP. She can't bring herself to ever shoot at an animal, but thats OK. She'll also fish with me once in a while.
I do get the eyes once in a while during bow season. Gone every free moment I have during the rut! My kids start calling me uncle!
Just when she thinks that hunting season is all wrapped up, here comes turkey huntingand fly fishing from April through May. Delaware River trout from May to July.
Now I start taking my 5 y/o son with me. She likes that and can't wait 'til the 2 y/o is 5 so I take them both at once!!! Then the tables are turned!!
Dan, Nice pic with your Mrs. and her gobbler!!
Old 01-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I had to give up bow hunting she went out and bought a complete
crossbow set up,every thing,I needed and said I wasnt going to loose
what means so much to me,as long as I call and let her know Im ok she
always has dinner ready when we get home and helps unload the four
wheeler later on,shes the best!
Old 01-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davidmor

Not for hunting but she does give me "the look" when I start de-boning and packaging venison in the kitchen.
Almost "got some attitude" for doing this today but she most likely figured I'd put her to work if she complained!

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution!

Quick Reply: Does anyone elses wife.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.