Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How often do you eat venison???

Old 01-05-2007, 02:58 PM

Default How often do you eat venison???

Hey guys/gals, how often do you eat venison. I love the stuff. I have eaten it throughout life, but this is my first hunting season, so I've eaten more this past season then I have my whole life. Between mine, my fathers, and my buddies deer, we have cooked alot of deer. I killed one big 8 pointer, so I dont have a complete freezer full to last all year untill next October. I could eat it twice or thrice a week if I could. My sister made venison fried cube steak for dinner last night. I had a venison sandwich for breakfast, and venison w blackeyed peas and sweet potatos for lunch. If I could...Its Friday night, I would grill myself upa backstrap for dinner. Share some of your favorite ways to eat venison, and.......how much deer would ya'll say you eat in a season? Delicious

Old 01-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Default RE: How often do you eat venison???

That pic is making me hungry! I'm cooking venison right now!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Had it last night sauteed in butter, onions and garlicwith rice and broccoli.
My entire family(wife and two sons) eat venison. We average eating it at least two times a week.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:22 PM

i am planning on making some jerky tomorrow. as for the steaks, i havnt really had a chance to have them yet this year. probably next week. i go through 1 or 2 deer a year i suppose. i think it depends on how many i shoot, if i get 4 or 5 im sure i would eat it more.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:13 PM

Eat it a couple of times a week. Make a lot of chili: Wife does not like the big batch i made today. Looks like i'll be eating much more than normal. Got tohave her make some more jerky after the chili is gone.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

every chance I get,love the stuff!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Dominant Buck

About once a week it is either elk or deer. Tonight it was deer in an onion, green and red pepper, mushroom, water chestnut stir fry in a ginger sauce. Great eats.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I eat alot of it! I had it every day this week, now I'm eating some rabbit for dinner!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I make red meat it is venison until I run out, so 3 times a week is a good average.
This weeks venison meal plan:
Mon - Deer Sausage/Perogies/ Ceaser Salad
Weds - Moose Minute Steak/Rice/Veggies
Tonight - Moose Burger made into meat sauce with pasta/Homemade Garlic Toast & Salad
Sunday - Elk Steak & shrimpon the Grill/Baked Potateos/ Steamed Veggies

On average I have 2 deer, someelk and moose meat in the freezer. This year I shot 5 deer ( of which I kept the loin steaks off 3 and grind off of 2 - the others went to family members who don't hunt but enjoy the eats), 1 elk and1/3 moose (token for helping process my buds moose from this year).
Old 01-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

No lie, we havent bought any meat other than chicken, or sandwich meat, since early November.
I made a 100 lbs of deer sausage back then, had a 180lb hog proccesed, one deer, and processed 2 more myself. My feezers are busting out. Just ate some sausage for dinner, had deer steaks last night, and will have some of the hog pan sausage for breakfast tommorow.

Quick Reply: How often do you eat venison???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.