Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Head shots?

Old 12-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Head shots?

So i should start body shooting squirrels now too? They have feelings too ya know.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: furgitter

So i should start body shooting squirrels now too? They have feelings too ya know.
Hmmmmm, I believe we were talking about deer. Sometimes I think you just like to see yourself type.

I made my point and you don't seem to be able to justify "why", other than "because I can." Give me a GOOD reason and we can keep talking.

Until then..........

Good Luck and take care!
Old 12-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess my answer is that sometimes i should,Not everytime,and dont go in looking for it,but sometimes its the right shot to take.Ive missed my share of running deer,and they can keep on running.Im not going to even try it,cause im no good at it.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think that shooting anything in the head other than a fish is good, because you end up cracking the skull and the brains spill out, along with a ton of blood, and some kind of yellow, thick fluid. All in all, it's too disgusting,IMO.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

[/quote]

Ahhhhh furgitter, I miss our old talks buddy!

I was going to put in my original post that I was not knocking anyones shooting ability. Then I thought, nah, I'll see what my old buddy furgitter has to say to me.

No matter how good a shot someone is, things can go wrong. If a deer turns his head as you pull the trigger, you risk wounding the animal and it can die a slow death.

There are better shots to take. I know you won't like this either, but you owe it to the animals.
[/quote]

I agree to a point. The things that can go wrong can go wrong on any shot not just head shots, I think the only difference is margin of error if you are shooting at the chest andfor some reason you are off by a few inches there is still a high likelihood you will still hit the vitals if you are aiming at the head and for whatever reason you are off by a few inches it can get ugly.Like I said earlier it really depends on the weapon and the distance. With my bow or rifle I am not taking a head shot and it is not because I don't feel I amcapable oraccurate enough I just feelthat more than likely a better shot will be offeredat some point because I knowthat's how it usually works out for me stillhunting. Now shotgun hunting is different because I see more deer on the move, now I prefer chest shooting them butif I get a deer within 20 yds or so the shotgun is very deadly in the head/neck area and keeps the meat I prefer from being shot up. Just my .02.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:58 AM

furgitter and dan, cant you guys like pm eachother instead ofanoying everyone?
Old 12-31-2006, 12:19 PM

NO
Old 12-31-2006, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Does anyone here think im a bad guy for shooting squirrels in the head with a .22?
Why are you asking about squirrels on a DEER HUNTING forum?
Old 12-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya got a point whitetail,Didnt mean to irritate everyone.I think Dan and I dont get allong no matter what the issue is.Youll have that sometimes.Sorry everybody.
ORIGINAL: whitetailstalker14

furgitter and dan, cant you guys like pm eachother instead ofanoying everyone?
Old 12-31-2006, 01:22 PM

the only thain i dont shoot in the head are deer

Quick Reply: Head shots?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.