Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poaching...

Old 12-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poaching...

Good advice lil-coyote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Don't want to waste the time it takes to contact the law where I live. Certainly not going to hang around waiting for some fool to come out of the woods either. Believe me, four flat, unfixable tires will do more to deter poaching/trespassing in my area than anything else and with a minimum of effort.

ORIGINAL: il coyote

If you're going to do anything to the tires, just remove the valve core, this does no property damage. I would recomend not taking the law into your own hands, If you're standing next to some dudes truck with a big grin on your face, four flat tires, and 'waiting' on a GW to show up, $hit's gonna get out of hand real quick.

Take pictures, hide in the weeds, whatever it takes, but contact the law first.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:11 AM

Don't want to waste the time it takes to contact the law where I live. Certainly not going to hang around waiting for some fool to come out of the woods either. Believe me, four flat, unfixable tires will do more to deter poaching/trespassing in my area than anything else and with a minimum of effort.
I don't know, it seems that might have some bad consequences at some point...[&:]
Old 12-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ZR 900

Why not just keepa roll ofcannon fuse and a lighter in your pack? Then you could shove it in thier gas door, light it and take off. Nothing says your not welcomed here like a blown up truck.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL: nohillbilly

ORIGINAL: ZR 900

Now thats taking it to the extreme.... but its sounds like something I would think about doing.

Why not just keepa roll ofcannon fuse and a lighter in your pack? Then you could shove it in thier gas door, light it and take off. Nothing says your not welcomed here like a blown up truck.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great Post Nick,
I'd like to add something to it if I may.

I found a guy once on my family’s property who appeared to be still hunting or poaching. When I approached him, he was a very kind man. When he realized he wasn't on his friend’s property anymore he was very apologetic and offered his hunting and drivers licenses for me to look at. He explained that a friend of his, which happens to be one of our neighbors gave him permission to hunt his property and was supposed to give him a map and didn't. The landowner was out of town for the holidays when this guy decided to hunt. He'd shot a nice buck and was tracking it. I verified his story by seeing the blood trail. He was so polite that I decided to assist him in tracking the animal on our property. I got my truck and took the buck back to where he was parked and we said our good byes. Afterward I wondered if I'd been tricked and started to think that I was. A few days later my father received a letter in the mail thanking me for my kindness and understanding. The letter also provided my family and I written permission to hunt 300 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The best part is, it also contained a key to a fully furnished cabin for us to use while we were there. I’ve used the Cabin three times now and I can tell you, that this was a good guy. He was just a little geographically challenged when we met.
Now of course most of the time, this is not the case. I know that. But, I think we owe it to people to at least be respectful until we know all the details. If we don’t we are acting just like those cops we’ve all had the pleasure of meeting who mistreat every person they pull over without knowing whether this person is guilty or not. Lets not be those cops.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Great Post Nick,

I found a guy once on my family’s property who appeared to be still hunting or poaching. When I approached him, he was a very kind man. When he realized he wasn't on his friend’s property anymore he was very apologetic and offered his hunting and drivers licenses for me to look at. He explained that a friend of his, which happens to be one of our neighbors gave him permission to hunt his property and was supposed to give him a map and didn't. The landowner was out of town for the holidays when this guy decided to hunt. He'd shot a nice buck and was tracking it. I verified his story by seeing the blood trail. He was so polite that I decided to assist him in tracking the animal on our property. I got my truck and took the buck back to where he was parked and we said our good byes. Afterward I wondered if I'd been tricked and started to think that I was. A few days later my father received a letter in the mail thanking me for my kindness and understanding. The letter also provided my family and I written permission to hunt 300 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The best part is, it also contained a key to a fully furnished cabin for us to use while we were there. I’ve used the Cabin three times now and I can tell you, that this was a good guy. He was just a little geographically challenged when we met.
Now of course most of the time, this is not the case. I know that. But, I think we owe it to people to at least be respectful until we know all the details. If we don’t we are acting just like those cops we’ve all had the pleasure of meeting who mistreat every person they pull over without knowing whether this person is guilty or not. Lets not be those cops.
Good story!!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Great Post Nick,

I wish everyone had the respect that guy did.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:02 AM

You're one to talk about "respect" Mr. Sanchez....
Old 12-21-2006, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

You're one to talk about "respect" Mr. Sanchez....
Yea, no kidding. We all know that RustyS can say and post whatever he wants without warnings or consequences.

Quick Reply: Poaching...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.