Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poaching...

Old 12-20-2006, 02:53 PM

Default RE: Poaching...

I hate poachers...but don't put yourself in a bad position. Call 911, get all the info you can, description,tag numbers and take pictures if you can.

You really do not want to confront people breaking the law that are armed. Also, keep your cool because you can and will be liable for actions as well.

I had a scum poacher take this what was a close to 200" dear on my ground and unfortunately was unable to catch them.

Be safe and careful.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: triggerhappy

I hate poachers...but don't put yourself in a bad position. Call 911, get all the info you can, description,tag numbers and take pictures if you can.

You really do not want to confront people breaking the law that are armed. Also, keep your cool because you can and will be liable for actions as well.

I had a scum poacher take this what was a close to 200" dear on my ground and unfortunately was unable to catch them.

Be safe and careful.

That is absolutly pathetic! I would seriously horse whip some people for cutting the head off of a deer, and leaving his body to rot...Those people should be put in jail for ten years. By the way that is a felony here in GA...like other states Im sure....Breaks the heart........And on YOUR land too.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

Good god people, my avatar is a JOKE!!! Does anybody around here have a sense of humor? Everybody in here is so uptight. I hate stupid G's like the guy in my avatar. It's a joke. Google "Icy hot stuntaz" and you will understand the joke. Lighten up people....
Suredizzle G-money!
Old 12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

More poaching going on than you can amagine!!!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:03 PM

My wife's uncle watched a guy shoot a deer after dark near his camp. He walked up to the guy carrying hiscell phone and told him hehad a choice, either the poacher could make the call to the game wardenor he would. After some jawing, the uncle called him in as he stood right there. Game warden came out lickity split, case closed. In Washington, they apparently give bonus points towarddraw tags for turning in poachers. Good idea.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I caught a guy in Washington who poached a 2X2 deer 3 point restriction on one side as some of you know so it was illegal (He shot it rightout from under me i was glassing him seeing if he had a third point) (he didnt)I called the game warden the guy tried getting away I beat him out of the woods and blocked the road and I went back into the woods and waited prettty soon the Game wardon came in.

CASE CLOSED! took his gun and his vehicle.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I want to hear the story behind this.....
Old 12-21-2006, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

way to go cowboy!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 05:53 AM

ORIGINAL: CervidSlayer

ORIGINAL: triggerhappy

Be safe and careful.

That is absolutly pathetic! I would seriously horse whip some people for cutting the head off of a deer, and leaving his body to rot...Those people should be put in jail for ten years. By the way that is a felony here in GA...like other states Im sure....Breaks the heart........And on YOUR land too.

this makes me sick. no good sob's
Old 12-21-2006, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: farmcntry

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

How do you handle it when you catch people poaching?? [:'(]
Call the DNR. I have (and I don't suggest it) took a valve stem remover and deflated their tires so they couldn't leave.
Cut all four valve stems off. They may have one spare but not four. Works especially well on trespassers.

Quick Reply: Poaching...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.