Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone not taken a deer this year?

Old 12-14-2006, 10:34 AM

Default RE: Anyone not taken a deer this year?

I have been twice. No Meat in the freezer. But will fix tha tover the Christmas holiday and maybe this weekend if it doesnt pour down rain.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I've killed 7 and the main couple of guys I hunt with (my dad and my boy MDS) have killed another 9. I could e-mail you guys some backstraps. jj I stil have 3 1/2 weeks left so I am looking for some big horns with my bow or muzzleloader during the late season.

We have been very fortunate this season.

You still have some time left just be persistant, atany givensecond on any givendayyour whole seasoncan change!
Old 12-14-2006, 12:50 PM

it took me all year... i hunted archery every friday and saturday of archery season.. because im stuck at college all week... i passed up on a ton of doe cuz i was hunting a hot spot behind my house where there is some quality bucks... well i waited too long because i didnt see a doe the rest of archery season... i hunted 6 days of rifle and still didnt see a buck.. i got fed up and took a nice size doe on the last evening of rifle season.. she sure does taste good tho... im gonna take the mathews switchback xt out after christmas and try and get me a buck..
Old 12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

As many deer as there are in Oklahoma, I am truly shocked that you haven't scored yet. I live in Texas but have a place north of Cherokee, OK, and we are over run with deer. My son killed an 8 point and doe during muzzleloader, and my buddy and I both took does. My brother and his buddy both took does also. We were all looking for big horns and could find what we wanted, so we will wait until next year.

I guess my question to your post is; have you not seen any deer or are you just picky like me?
Well im limited to public lands that and Im bow hunting. I had a beautiful shot the first day I went out. Good 6 point at ten yards but I didnt have an arrow knocked so bythe time I was ready he was out of range. well my range anyway. I have seen 3 bucks and 1 doe on the area I am hunting. I honestly think I am the only person hunting this little section of public land. Im headed out again this weekend maybe I will have better luck. I wish I could get out there ever day but it a 2 hour drive each way then I have to be in at work at 3 pm so it makes for a long day. I know that next year im gong to take a week or so off to put in some serious time.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:29 PM

nope...im deerless so far this year...

that doesn't really fit my name does it? lol
Old 12-15-2006, 12:41 PM

2 nice does for me. Bow and muzzleloader kills. I tried to get a buck but didn't see a good enough one. Stick with it and be persistent. It will pay off eventually. Keep learning and have fun.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

More than three does, more than two bucks. That doesn't count the two deer that miraculously resurrected and escaped. I shot them, they stayed down a minute, and then while I fumbled with ramrod and dropped primers, they recovered & skeddaldled. I hated that.

Other than that... been good. I like the new Marlin!