Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

TV hunting shows.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TV hunting shows.

I like Deer and Deer Hunting as well, but the best one has to be Get Wild with Cindy Garrison for her..... uh ......informative appearance............
Old 12-06-2006, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

YEA BUDDY!! you got that right Timber.I alwayse miss the part where she shows us how to properly field dress a big old buck,then hoist it,skin it, and debone it. A hottie like that- doing all of that,could have me buying her roses.On the other hand,she would probobly eat the roses.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I watch Getting Close every week. I think it is more entertaining than most hunting shows. It's not just yourboring "lets whisper for28 minutesthen shoot a deer" show. They add some funny stuff. And Tiffany, Smokin Hot! I record all the episodes on my DVR and have watched the one where they bow fished for flying carp several times. Thats so coolhow they shoot them in mid-air. Not to mention that Tiffany is in a bikini top.[:-]
Old 12-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I for one love the hunting shows. I like seeing deer and its even better when their big. It definitely gets me pumped up before season hits.

For those of you who complain that theyre hunting behind fences and on ranches, I ask you this. Would anyone enjoy watching 8 hours of some guy sitting in a deer stand, pissing in a bottle, watching 3-4 deer go by and maybe a squirrel. And after 2 weeks of that he finally kills a big buck. BORINGGGG!! Theyre tv shows an theyre meant to entertain, let them and quit picking them apart.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

Sometimes I think they do more harm than good for our sport. And MOST of them are very unrealistic.
I agree with this statement completely. I watched a show the other week where they never told you they were on a game ranch. Different laws must be in effect since they where hunting with rifles (during Michigan's bow season) and they were only wearing orange baseball hats (law says 50% or more of your body must be orange when firearm hunting). One-third of their camera footage was the "hunters" riding their auto transmission, 4x4 quads to the base of their stands on paved or prepared paths. That's real hunting?!?!

Another show had 2 guys in jeans and t-shirts walk 50 yds. from their vehicle, stood in a single spot blasting doves for some amount of time, then walk back to the vehicle talking about how good the hunting was. They never showed that they retrieved the birds leading anyone (including me) to believethat they never harvested them. It shows hunters to be lazy, wasteful and only out for the thrill of the kill!

A third had a "hunting expert and activist" on supporting the bill to allow dove hunting(which was defeated in Nov.). His platform to support the bill was that they are a migratory bird and other states do it, so we should too. If you want to win over the hearts and minds of voters, you need to provide sound reasoning and numbers, notget some idiot to ramble in front of a camera.

Some shows are good,most do more harm.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

1. Spirit of the Wild
Isn't that an oxymoron?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:45 PM

After seeing Jimmy Houston's "incident", I have definently changed my views on hunting shows.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like most folks here have stated, 20 minutes of commercials and roughly 10 minutes of actual hunting time.Seems that if you don`t use the products they are hawking, you just won`thave a successful hunt. Remember those old guys wearing jeans and an old red checkered jackshirt, usually using an even older Mod 94? They seemed to have pretty good luck without all the fancymodern amenities. Always seemed to be a lot colder then too.

Ron
Old 12-06-2006, 06:11 PM

these shows are a waste of time, they give u false hope and most of the time are taped on a game farm of some sort
Old 12-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spirit of the Wild, makes all the other shows look like $|-|!T

Quick Reply: TV hunting shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.