Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Saskatchewan Whitetail kill (vid)

Old 12-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Saskatchewan Whitetail kill (vid)

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: moose1915

yeah guys a real rocket scientist. maybe next time the bullet will hit the train behind him and blow up one the 100 ton propane tankers( or chlorine gas , molten sulphur, arsenic, etc)... total jackass manuver.
You know I was thinking the same thing, He couldn't hit a standing buck, quartered to by the way and then takes what I consider an unethical shot (because he's not good enough to hit a standing deer) at a running deer, running hard. Very lucky to say the least. No respect.
No respect? Not looking for it...just sharing a video sent to me.

Those train cars are 1/2 inch thick steel..and cannot blow up from bullets...as an experiment..take your high power and shoot at a bbq propane tank...I'll bet my truck says it won't blow up.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: SaskatchewanOutdoors

yeah guys a real rocket scientist. maybe next time the bullet will hit the train behind him and blow up one the 100 ton propane tankers( or chlorine gas , molten sulphur, arsenic, etc)... total jackass manuver.
You know I was thinking the same thing, He couldn't hit a standing buck, quartered to by the way and then takes what I consider an unethical shot (because he's not good enough to hit a standing deer) at a running deer, running hard. Very lucky to say the least. No respect.

Those train cars are 1/2 inch thick steel..and cannot blow up from bullets...as an experiment..take your high power and shoot at a bbq propane tank...I'll bet my truck says it won't blow up.

are you trying to get someone killed? that is scariest comment I have ever read on this forum... I tell you what. I'll bet you my house you don't have enough cajonies to shoot a bbq propane tank at 5 yards with a 357 magnum... that is about equal to a 30-06 @100 yards.. I'd even pay for your prosthetic legs to watch!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:48 AM

I don't think anyone thought you were looking for respect, afterall you're not the guy in the video right? I still think that by the way the camera man reacted that they might have been looking for a running shot. If the shooter missed a deer standing still then hit him perfect as he was running he's a dolt who just got lucky. If he intended to kick them up so he could have that running shot, he's an excellent marksman. Still though you don't practice on live game.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

i work on those cars for a living, and while a bullet might not puncture the thick part, there are PLENTY of tinner areas (venting caps, lines, etc..) that could EASILY be punctured.

not to mention some of those tanks are so old and degraded they have weak spots.

or, hit an air hose and throw the train into emergency braking, possibly derailing it and killing the crew.

you wouldn't shoot at a high way or an airplane runway, why would you make a shot like that?

stupid, thats why
Old 12-03-2006, 02:02 PM

Make that three of us. Totally irresponsible shooting.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck, but what were they doing shooting with that train in the background.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:23 PM

THANKS FOR SHARING
Old 12-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SaskatchewanOutdoors

I was indicating that comment to the shooter which I knew you were not....
Old 12-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

No worries mate....I just put out vids that people submit to me..We can learn from others. That is the key...

However we do shoot running deer up here, and anybody hunter up here that says they don't would be fibbing..

Here is my buck this year...
http://forums.menoutdoors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1484
Old 12-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

However we do shoot running deer up here, and anybody hunter up here that says they don't would be fibbing..

Do they all shoot at trains?

Steve