Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finding stuff in deer

Old 11-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Spike

Default RE: Finding stuff in deer

I don't know if this is true but my dad told me the other day that my uncle shot a deer several years ago that had a slug stuck in its skull??? Don't know?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

The buck i got this past monday when i walked up to it to gut it had its penis and balls ripped into. The balls were nearly ripped off, and the penis was sticking out of a hole that was ripped by im guessing another bucks horn. The penis was basically skinned and all u could see was the inside of the penis(the part thats usually covered by fur) and about an inch above that was the fur part of the penis with no penis in it. The part that was skinned looked almost rotted and infected. We gutted the deer and sent it to the butcher.. Do you think the meet is still good?
That`s just a toe curler. I can already feel the queezeness im my stomach.Most guys can relate to that feeling.

Ron
Old 11-30-2006, 08:33 PM

I found another deer inside the doe I shot ,Amazing !
Old 11-30-2006, 08:53 PM

The second doe I shot w/ a bow this year had either been shot before or hit by a car. As I was skinning her, just below her left, front knee, there appeared to be a second knee. It really looked like she had a second knee joint below the normal one, turned 90 degrees out. Actually, it was where her leg had been broken. The break was at least two years old. Very well healed, no signs of infection or problems. She walked normally before the shot and ran like a scalded dog after, for about 50 yards anyway.

The wildest thing I have found came about two years ago. Between my kills and the deer I clean for others, I average around 10 to 12 a year. I had never seen this before. Anyway, I had shot this very mature doe, probably 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 years old that I had shot with a muzzle loader while she was quartering away. The shot clipped one of her rhumen and whenI was getting the loins, I heard a loud KER-PLUNK in the gut bucket (we do not field dress the deer here as we are rarely more than about 30 mins from our skinning shack and do not want to encourage the yotes and buzzards). Anyway, I got curious and reached into the blood and yuk and pulled out what I thought was a rock. I washed it off and it appeared to be a very smooth stone, about 4 inches long, 2 inches wide and an inch thick. Very smooth,palewhite surface. I did some research and found that it is called a bezoar stone (spelling?). Apparently this is the result of a deer eating someting like a rock or a nail while grazing and it gets into one of the stomachs and can't move on, so to speak. Well, kind of like an oyster, the deers internal organs start coating it with a calcium/bone mix to keep it from being an irritation to the stomach lining. Apparently they are pretty rare (How often do you go digging through the stomach contents of your deer!) to find anyway and are considered good luck.
I keep it in my office in a glass cabinet w/ some other items.
Hank
Old 11-30-2006, 10:14 PM

well i have nothing that good but 2 years ago we got a trail cam photo of a doe that had a huge scar running downthe entire side of her body from her neck back to her hind end it looked well healed and she had a young one with her as well i looked like someont toke a knife and just sliced her does anyone know what could of done this.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Alabama Slama

well i have nothing that good but 2 years ago we got a trail cam photo of a doe that had a huge scar running downthe entire side of her body from her neck back to her hind end it looked well healed and she had a young one with her as well i looked like someont toke a knife and just sliced her does anyone know what could of done this.
maybe a broadhead? i have never found anything inside of deer but i have found all kinds of things in wild hawgs.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot an antelope this fall that had been shot at least 2 other times before I came along. The shots weren't this years wounds, they were from last year or even longer. The first wound appeared to be a broadhead wound through the neck, that was healed up nicely. The second wound appeared to be a rifle shot in almost the same spot thru the neck. The poor critter had come close to being harvested a few times in his life!

When I was little my dad shot a buck that had a thunderhead 125gr broadhead in the brisket. No arrow shaft or anything. Really makes ya think twice before reaching in an grabbing stuff!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

i killed a buck one time that had the black leech looking thing all over inside him.........like maybe 20 total. I was scared to eat the meat.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Those are called flukes I think. Why would anyone shoot adeer in the head?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Alex The Hawk

I found another deer inside the doe I shot ,Amazing !
Hillarious!

Quick Reply: Finding stuff in deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.