Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how would you handle this?

Old 11-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Default RE: how would you handle this?

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, if you don't have it you don't hang around me long.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

I've had a similar experience on our farm. we don't lease it, we own it, but an uncle of mine hunts there and we don't really want him to anymore, but he always seems to ask to hunt at the perfect times, right in front of grandma so we can't really say no. anyways, this past saturday my dad was going to town and he notices his truck parked on the back side of our farm. he suspects he is sitting in my gun stand which he doesn't have permissionto do. I drove up there and find him climbing down the ladder and he said he just wanted to look at because i had rebuilt it. I told him to go home. it just sucks.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: huntboy3181

I've had a similar experience on our farm. we don't lease it, we own it, but an uncle of mine hunts there and we don't really want him to anymore, but he always seems to ask to hunt at the perfect times, right in front of grandma so we can't really say no. anyways, this past saturday my dad was going to town and he notices his truck parked on the back side of our farm. he suspects he is sitting in my gun stand which he doesn't have permissionto do. I drove up there and find him climbing down the ladder and he said he just wanted to look at because i had rebuilt it. I told him to go home. it just sucks.
No respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!if my nephew talked to me like that I would cut me a limb.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

We have permission to hunt a land directly from this land owner. The local hunting club also has a lease with the same land owner.

We have permission to hunt anywhere on the property. We also have permission from the other guy who has permission from the land owner to hunt any one of his treestands ( he doesn't gun hunt ) during gun season.

We scouted the property, found some spots to put in new stands, and then re-scouted the property the day before season to make sure we'd be "away" from the other folks, and then put up new stands around noon'ish the day before season away from everyone else. We got out to the field early opening morning, and made sure to walk in extra early to let the other folks push the deer around while they walked in late.

Needless to say, sunrise came, and I had another hunter barely 60 yards from me. My dad had another hunter about 20 yards from him to the north, and another 20 yards from him to the south. I hate it when people can't do their OWN scouting and figure this crap out on thier own. Instead, they'll just setup to try and block another hunter.....

---

That same year, we took down our stands and moved them before second season. My dad moved my stand, and I had only walked into it's spot once, so I wasn't the "best" at finding my new spot. I called my dad, and said i couldn't find my stand. He kept swearing it was there... I told him no way in hell, that i was at "THE TREE" - sunrise comes, and we find out one of those mother Ftruckers stole my treestand. Then my dad went down to take his stand down the week after season, and they had stolen his too.

I hate hunting clubs.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Simple answer, he knew the rules, he is out of the club.