Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Blind Project Complete (picture heavy)

Old 11-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default Deer Blind Project Complete (picture heavy)

Well, we just got done with the blind and put it out on some of our private hunting land. We would have had it out there earlier, but some of the supplies we used, mainly the plexiglass, was delayed in getting here. Either myself, my brother, or my father will be in the blind second shotgun season, because it is a great location. However, we aren't going to be too hopeful for this year, but next year it should be a killing machine! It is about 7 x 5 feet on the inside and has about 6 1/2 feet head clearance at the lowest point. It has 3 sets of double windows that all open in and a set of double doors that open out. Currenly each set of windows has a appr. 10x10 inch non-glare plexiglass window, while the back doors has two 10x20 inch windows. Everything was hand built and hand painted. It is equipped with a pintal hitch and two hand breaks. I talked about it earlier in this post, when we first started: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1628351&mpage=1&key=blindí·¶í²¿

Here are some pics:

Back left:

Back Right:

Side View:

Front View:

Here is a view from standing in the doorway:

Here is a view from about 10 yards with the windows open:

Now here are some pics from further away to see its camo job:

20 yards:

About 30-40 yards:

About 50 yards:

Zoomed in at about 40 yards, notice the tree lined up with the camo:

About 100 Yards away:

About 40 or so yards with the windows open:

Close to the same distance, except my father is in the window:

I know these are a ton of pictures, but if you guys want to see some more, I have some. I would say roughly it costs a little over $750 total. Not too bad when I saw at the local Big R, a box deer stand was $750. This is completely mobile however. Tell me what you guys think.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Blind Project Complete (picture heavy)

Man, that thing will be sweet when the wind is blowing and it's 20 degrees outside. I know you are going to get a lot of flak about hunting the easy waybut I'd be happy to hunt it any day. Good luck.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

very very cool. you will be able to sit all day in that thing.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Thats the thing we had planned. I have been trying to do an all day hunt for a couple years now and could never talk myself into doing it. We had a terrible second season last year, weather wise. It was like 10-15 degrees all second season with like 15 mph of wind and occasional frozen rain. Thats when I got my biggest buck ever, so now I am going to be out no matter what.

Also, my dad is turning 50 this year and has really bad knees. So he is hoping in a few years, when he might not be able to climb our other 4-5 stands, he might just retire in that bad boy. Thanks for the comments guys.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

the only thing i can see is that if windows are open on both sides the deer may pick your outline . i made one of these and i used netting on the inside to prevent being seen through the windows . other than that it should be a asset to your hunting
Old 11-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think thats awesome , you put a lot of time and effort in to making that and the sweet thing is you can put it any where you want.
Looks really cool and I bet it will keep the chill out , congrats on doing a great job.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even used architectural shingles?? Wow, thats some nice work...Tim the Tool Man would be proud!
Old 11-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Yep, went with the old fake shake, no waste. We were kinda upset while moving it in, we drug it against a hedge tree with some big ol' thorns on it and it ripped a couple off.
Thanks for all the kind words guys!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

This is a very nice setup! The way I see it is that after you have spent so much time out in the elements sitting in a tree stand for a crap load of hours it is nice to take it easy in a comfortable setup like that. My dad has spent his fair share of time out in the woods and taken many deer. As he has gotten older he decided it was time for something new, so he built himself a cabin. Almost every year he still takes very nice deer as he sits on the porch. Enjoy your blind!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

At my age we are planning the same thing for next year been using an
Ameristep Penthouse blind but on this new properity the owner said to
build one and asked if he could use it ounce in awhile,he has turned intoa good friend and is shooting a m/l for the first time this year and going to
a xbow after that,guess I got a new hunting partner to!

Quick Reply: Deer Blind Project Complete (picture heavy)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.