Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Blind Project Complete (picture heavy)

Old 11-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deer Blind Project Complete (picture heavy)

Definately portable, as long as it isn't too wet. We have a 98 diesel suburban which is the most powerful truck I have ever been in, but bringin it in on a hill when wet, we couldnt move.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Spike

I love it!

I can't tell from the pics, do you have a jack in the rear to keep it from tipping?
Old 11-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

Actually no. We were thinking of maybe adding some types of jack/levelers in the back to help with it being even, but no we do not have anything on the back. The strange thing is, it will not lift up. We can put the tailgate down, which adds a couple feet and my brother and dad both stood on it and it didnt even lift up, and thats alot of weight, probably close to 600 pounds.
I think maybe the hitch is super heavy. It is a gigantic pintal hitch with a non-turning third metal wheel that we have in the up position. I just think that probably weighs a couple hundred pounds with the hitch and all and since it weighs so much overall and it is off centered to the front, tipping hasn't been a problem.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, I appreciate it.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:48 PM

You need an old duce and a half to pull that sucker around. It looks good and if you got tired of hunting from it, you could easily make it an ice fishing shack!