Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HELP!! X-mas gift!!

Old 11-19-2006, 09:03 PM

Default HELP!! X-mas gift!!

I am looking for a X-mas gift for my boyfriend and he loves to hunt and to fish. He has been saying that he wants a hunting jacket...but the problem is, and I admit it- I am a city girl-I have no clue about what camoflauge he wants, etc. My boyfriend has introduced me to hunting and fishing so I am very new to these sports, but I want to buy him a nice gift. Please give me feedback, I would greatly appreciate it!!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HELP!! X-mas gift!!

Heres a link to some camo jackets that Cabela's has. Alot depends on how cold of weather he will be hunting in and what kind of area will help to choose the camo design. You should be able to find anything you want at Cabela's. A gift card is always good unless you just want him to be able to unwrap it. If you know what kind of land he hunts andwhat kind of temperature he hunts in we may be able to help pick one out if you are wanting to get him the jacket/coat. Hope this helps.
Brandon
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat601732&navAction=jump&na vCount=1&parentId=cat470076&parentType=cat egory&cmCat=MainCatcat470076

By the way, I could use a new one also!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, Cabela a good place to look at first
Old 11-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh yeah, check out the classifed ads here in the forums too, that might help too just in case as well
Old 11-19-2006, 10:57 PM

Yeah, Cabela's is good, also WalMart has some excellent hunting jackets for the money.[:-]
Old 11-20-2006, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

First "steal" one of his jackets then go to (if you live near a cabelas or bass pro shop) and just see whats close or ask a friend or family member that wears close to his size and go from there. you can always exchange something too keep the reciepts!