Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BUCK ROAR?

Old 11-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BUCK ROAR?

ORIGINAL: Jumpum and Dumpum

skeeter, deer have been making this sound forever they just could never get a call to duplicate the sound. so nope theirs no new language its just one that you probably heard and thought that it was an aggressive grunt so i guess u wer wrong
I have never heard the roar or growl before in the woods. I am very aware they make different vocalization but this is one I haven't heard. As to never being able to reproduce it till now...like I said not sold!!!

Old 11-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im not sure abotu the buck roar, havent seen anyone post pics that have been sucessulk with it yet like the buck growl. am i the only one that has had sucess with the buck growl?

Old 11-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

Im with skeeter, ive never heard a growl or roar in tyhe wild and they just found out about the growl,they havent know about itr!

Old 11-10-2006, 06:31 PM

I had the same question check out the forum i created under bowhunting, im gonna go with the primos buck roar, can make louder and deeper grunts/roars, also has a snort and wheeze

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1780311&mpage=1
Old 11-10-2006, 07:11 PM

The Buck Roar. You can grunt with it and roar. It has a snort wheeze on it too.. Compass, arm strip and laynard..

A regular grunt call can not make the same sound , aggersiveness and loudness.. A regular grunt will start to squeel..

Buck roar you can blow as hard as you can and it will not rap out or change from a natural sound just gets louder..

This sound is researched and video documented.. They have advd that comes with the call that shows the actually footage.. It mostly just happens when bucks are peaked in hormone levels.. I believe the first time they heard the noise was in 1989...

Just cause you hunted so many years and this and that and never heard it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.. You don't live in the woods with the deer 24 7 and most rutt'n active happens at night. Years in the woods doesn't make you a expert at anything.. I been hunting since I was 5 years old and I'm almost 25 .. So I been hunting 20 years !!!!! Doesn't makeme smart or a expert of anykind. I know guys that been hunting 50 years and they are some dumb***es

ps I know I can't spell..