Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes 1 of em
45.83%
Yes 2 of em
20.83%
Yes 3 of em
12.50%
Yes 4 of em
2.08%
Yes 5 of em
0%
Yes 6 of em
2.08%
Yes 7 of em
0%
Yes 8 of em
0%
Yes 9 of em
0%
Yes 10 of em
2.08%
no.
14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Have You Ever Had A Tree Stand Stolen ?

Old 09-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have You Ever Had A Tree Stand Stolen ?

Nope, but I have had stands destroyed by hunters. I had a homemade stand made out of treated 2 x4's on my dads 40 acres. I caught a guy hunting out of it when I was about 18. Told him ever so politelyto not come back or I would report him. Came back about a week later, the stand had been destroed with a hatchet. I was mad enough to go monkey stomp the loser....dad simply called the cops. The guy was dumb enough to admit to doing it! He got a $75 , court supervision, and we got about $35 in restitution. He hasn't been back to my knowledge, or if he has, he didn't leave a path of destruction behind.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:30 AM

I had had a stand stolen before on private land and it sucks. I dont ever leave a stand in the woods anymore.

I do have an interesting, ethical side question on this matter. I hunt primarly public land, and it MD its not legal to hang stands on public land. Well a group of guys has come in from out of stateand hung 15+ hang on stands on this public land over the last 2 years. A buddy of mine called the DNR about it and they said they would take care of it but nothing was ever done. The gentlemen that hunt these stands now view these areas as theirs to hunt and have tried to chase some other hunters away when they hunted to close to "their" spots. What would you do? I was thinking of leaving the stands alone but just taking all of the tree steps so when they showed up to hunt they couldn't get into their stands. Whats everyone else think?
Old 09-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Never had any stolen. I always carry mine out..
Old 09-22-2006, 12:04 PM

Yeap last year I put out a brand new Summit Goliath the week before muzzleloading season. On opening day I found a tree with nothing attached to it. I just hope that it collapsed under whoever stole it and now they are hunting from a wheelchair.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes i had 2 stolen back to back days so me and my friend stayed in the woods all night in the brush underneath the other 2 stands in the area and we grabbedhim tied his arms behind his backand called the police and the idiot still had my other 2 stands in the back of his truck! so i ended getting them back.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

thievin bastids...find em an fix em
Old 09-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

the funny thing is when you think about it most of the people stealing treestands are hunters too so there should be another pole to see how many people have stole a treeestand then see how many respones you get lol