Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your Wife

Old 09-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Wife

Mine doesnt care at all, she knowsit is my passion.. Heck she didnt even batt an eye when i told her i was leaveing Oct.25 and comeing home Nov.14 21 days straight.. Man i love my wife.. Walt
Old 09-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife doesn't care at the first of the season as much as she does near the end. At the first of the season, I am always telling her, "Go shopping and I'll go hunting..." and she is all for that. When we go shopping together, I usually rush her, and she complains. But the "go shopping and I'll go hunting" only works for a few weeks. For the most part, she understands and supports me 100%.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

I spend every single (almost) weekend at the camper with my wife and kids. By October 1st she is more than happy to wave me good-bye on the weekends.

It's all about balance in life.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 09-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

I forgot to add that the wife can field dress two deer while I do one. She also like to cut and process the meat. Sha also cans a lot of it.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:11 PM

Reality check guys. If you are lucky like me, wife understands and helps cut up and package the venison when I get a deer. She used to hunt herself and has taken 2 bucks and 2 does.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:14 PM

I am lucky, my wife hunts with me. She hunted when I met her so it is fun during deer season.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

My wife has shot quite a few deer as well.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:40 PM

Been married for 6 years now, and hunting for three. I'd have to say that at first she thought I'd give it up or just fade out of it--the exact opposite. Just the other day I told her that I was getting buck fever pretty bad this year. We've even read articles on this website together and I'd ask her opinions. It helps that I hunt with her sister's husband--so she gets to spend time with her sister in Wis. But, yeah, I get the "but I still have to watch the kids" speech.

I'm hoping that she'll be even more supportive as each year progresses. I've got a great ONE!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:01 PM

When I first met my husband I knew he was a hunting addict. I am an independent person and did my thing when he did his. After we got married I decided to see what all the hype was about. Well now I am just as addicted as he is and my son is following the same path. We have made it a family thing. We scout together, put up tree stands together and shoot together. Even my 9 yr old daughter is shooting bow.

Whether it is hunting or whatever, a couple needs their time together and apart. Hubby gets in the woods more than I do, but thats ok....he gets his "alone" time in that way!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine had plenty of time to run prior to our wedding, she knew the score from day 1.15 yearslater we are still doing JFL. Things did change when the little ones arrived to point but I make sure she gets her own time. All about comprimise. Of course flowers and picking up some of her chores never hurts either.

I know it grates on her as hunting season is a entire year thing but she is pretty darn good about it as a whole. She doesn't try to understand why I do what I do but knows my passion and what it does for me personally, so supports me. The one thing she hasn't faltered on is mounts in the main floor of the house, this stems from her mother as the FinL has his below grade as well! I am working on her though, she know wants a bear rug for the living room and thinks my idea of a full bear mount in the foyer(front entrance) one dayis pretty cool, so things maybe looking up.

Quick Reply: Your Wife

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.